KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about a new ktm 690 ATV ?
i read in the latest ATV action mag that KTM are hard at work building a new quad with either the 690 single or the 990 Vtwin that they run in their road and some offroad bikes.
I have riddent both the 690 and 990 Duke and Superduke so i know the engines and the 690 engine would be perfect in a quad , it would by far outrun any yam or honda 700, the 990 would be fun but a little too fast and unrideable in a quad.
If anyone hears anything or knows anything please post here...

Cheers

Seb

·
Registered
426 Posts
The 525 Outruns the other manufacturer's quads anyway! But seriously, the LC4 has the sprocket on the left now so it is possible, but with as fast as the 525 is there's nothing competing with it anyway... no reason to make yourself a target for lawsuits... It would be fun as hell to run in the sand tho...

·
Registered
534 Posts
The 525 Outruns the other manufacturer's quads anyway! But seriously, the LC4 has the sprocket on the left now so it is possible, but with as fast as the 525 is there's nothing competing with it anyway... no reason to make yourself a target for lawsuits... It would be fun as hell to run in the sand tho...

lol,,,the 450 beats the 525 top end

·
Registered
426 Posts
What do you mean? Top end speed? I had heard that the KTM 450 rev limitter was 11,000 instead of 10,000, is that accurate? If that's the case, is there a reason a 525 couldn't run the same CDI? Thanks!

lol,,,the 450 beats the 525 top end

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KTM ... Lawsuits ... yeah sure ...

KTM makes a 950cc Vtwin pure dirtbike called the super enduro pushing over 100hp , which is pretty ridiculous but crazy fun if you ask me...

so asking for a 690 in a quad seems very reasonable especially when the competition already has 700cc quads on the market

with KTM its uasually the case that if you dont like a certain bike dont ride it , there will always be another one in their lineup that can suit you better, their dirtbike lineup is amazing... no jap company can compare

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I rode a 690SMC yesterday, all I can say is holy crap. If they put that engine in a high quality chassis, like their other quads, there'd be no reason to buy a 700 craptor.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What do you mean? Top end speed? I had heard that the KTM 450 rev limitter was 11,000 instead of 10,000, is that accurate? If that's the case, is there a reason a 525 couldn't run the same CDI? Thanks!

im not sure but i know ive beat a 525 on a paved and dirt road with my 450 and the guy on the 525 was 20 pounds lighter,(both stock),,and theres a video on u tube of tim farr saying the 450 is faster top end

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
there is credibility in a 690 ATV, we have heard this from KTM as something they are working on....... sure hope so !!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh my goodness that is so up my alley I would love to have that beast sitting with my predator. Yeah buddy!!!!!!!
. Please all info definatly wanted. Please ktm workers leak some info its no big deal what's the worse that could happen get fired its only a job think of happy days u could provide for us 4 wheeler nuts plus there's tons of jobs out there LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anybody out there let's hear some more info. I can hear them craptor owners shaking in there boots oh yeah and the honda xxx oxwners will prolly be xstinct after this bad boy comes out of hidding. My votes goes for the 990 under 400 pounds yep that's totally me I dont know if I will be able to afford it but hey I would love to see it stomp the competition into the ground with that awesome v-twin. I'm getting excited just thinking of it. 990 990 hehehehe

·
Registered
53 Posts
there is credibility in a 690 ATV, we have heard this from KTM as something they are working on....... sure hope so !!!
. I've been trying to get more info on this from different forums a guy over at ktm talk said that ktn had nothing new for 2010 so I hope mabe alittle further down the road mabe? Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
im not sure but i know ive beat a 525 on a paved and dirt road with my 450 and the guy on the 525 was 20 pounds lighter,(both stock),,and theres a video on u tube of tim farr saying the 450 is faster top end
Was the 525 in standard mode or mx mode??? there is one hell of a difference between these too modes.
The guys I race with are shaking in there boots right now, and they all ride 450s. Last practice they couldn't even keep up, and I was just in standard mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guy's

Could it be that you are taking abaut an E-ATV this is a small company in Germany who build ATV's with KTM Parts. (and at the beginning there were still al the KTM graphics on)
In my oppinion this are the best ATV's on the market and now the have the LC8 engine in.
Here is the Hompage where you can see all the Models (sorry it's only in german)
http://www.eatv.de/de/modelle/modelle.php
I was riding such a thing at Home (I'm from Austria) and they are realy fun secialy on the street with good street tires and fast (stock appr.115mph)
I tried to get such a thing here in the US but it's not that easy and the price is :eek:
(they start appr. at 25000 with shipping)

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
dang einmax thats quite the site

they have alot of different models to choose from..

the superduke based models weigh over 500 pounds though but dang! i bet their fun on pavement!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Guy's

Could it be that you are taking abaut an E-ATV this is a small company in Germany who build ATV's with KTM Parts. (and at the beginning there were still al the KTM graphics on)
In my oppinion this are the best ATV's on the market and now the have the LC8 engine in.
Here is the Hompage where you can see all the Models (sorry it's only in german)
http://www.eatv.de/de/modelle/modelle.php
I was riding such a thing at Home (I'm from Austria) and they are realy fun secialy on the street with good street tires and fast (stock appr.115mph)
I tried to get such a thing here in the US but it's not that easy and the price is :eek:
(they start appr. at 25000 with shipping)
yes, alot of us here in Sweden got 'em, To drive the Supermoto.

Also the RST and VLS. Really cool machines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts