KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around and I have not found alot of places making a full exhaust system for the 525. Could some of you guys give me some imput on what you know are the best exhaust systems out there.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
CT Sonic...fit & finish awesome...I have the HMF and it is no comparision...DASA looks and runs awesome too, but a little loud...i have no idea which makes the most power I would venture to say the DASA for a tractor like pull up (and I mean pull) to top rpm but for linear power and top end over rev I would say the CT Sonic...the HMF is comparable to the KTM stock exhaust "uncorked"

Best I can do from the Quads I have ridden...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Check out the FMF pipes. I have a full Factory 4.1 with Powerbomb header on my 450 and love it.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I am not sure I should mention the maker of the dual exhaust I am watching being built right now until I get permission. Sorry, But I can tell you that this system being built for the 525xc with the right jetting, is pulling 9hp over stock, and that is dyno proven. Saw it with my own eyes, and is the system I am going to be buying. I will keep ya all informed on this one. I can asure you I am not talking smack either, it is for real.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure I should mention the maker of the dual exhaust I am watching being built right now until I get permission. Sorry, But I can tell you that this system being built for the 525xc with the right jetting, is pulling 9hp over stock, and that is dyno proven. Saw it with my own eyes, and is the system I am going to be buying. I will keep ya all informed on this one. I can asure you I am not talking smack either, it is for real.
So you saw the dyno how much hp total was it just curious

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out the FMF pipes. I have a full Factory 4.1 with Powerbomb header on my 450 and love it.

Yes please keep us informed. Do you have any idea when it will be available?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I was just talking with dyno operator saturday, and he told me they had the left pipe all fitted in place and would be working on the right side this week. I be hopeing to see production within the next couple of weeks. I will keep ya all informed.

As for the actual hp/tq #'s I am sorry but I just can't remember what they were, all I can seem to pull out of my memory banks was the 9hp over stock. The dyno operator said the TQ gains were well above what the HP gains were. I am going to be talking with them tomorrow, I hope and will get those actual #'s for ya. I know I be very excited about it myself, even though I don't really feel the need to change anything right now. My 525xc is kicking some major a** on these highly moded 450's right now.

I am also getting some sirious action shots of this thing in action on the local, highly competative MX track that I race in so ya all can see how I kick the shit out of these 450's with this bone stock 08 525xc. One fast and nimble quad.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I can tell you I have dyno'd the stock KTM exh. with and without the sparky, and have dyno'd the HFM pipe , the HMF kills the stock KTM pipe with sparky removed from 6K rpm and up the power and torq. are pretty much even till 5700 rpm after that you get 1.5 to 2 hp more and 1 ft lbs till rev limiter comes in

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ive helped ranchero with his dynoing. The hmf definately woke up the ktm. Like he said 1-2whp above 6k over modded stock exhaust. I guarantee an fmf wouldnt give that good of results. Id dyno any pipe for you guys have for free on racheros bike if you'd like a real non bias opinion. Just box it up and send it to me and Ill test it for you and sport shipping back. Ive been doing dyno comparisons on my dyno for a few years now. Did alot of ltr, honda, yamaha and kawi stuff. Check other sites and see the dyno sections. Lots of good info. Send me some pipes and lets find out what really works and what just makes noise. I also have a dasa Im gonna be doing on his bike sometimethis week. He will surely keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I've got a Ct system. Seems to work well, haven't tried any others though. Fit and finish are below average though. Pipe was installed when quad was new, burns the air box in the lower corner and welds are cobby. Not impressed with it overall. If I didn't have the quad for sale to get a sx I'd send it to Driver.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've got a Ct system. Seems to work well, haven't tried any others though. Fit and finish are below average though. Pipe was installed when quad was new, burns the air box in the lower corner and welds are cobby. Not impressed with it overall. If I didn't have the quad for sale to get a sx I'd send it to Driver.

Priority ship it tomorrow. Ill test it saturday and send it back out monday. You'll have it by wednesday next week. Ill test it that day I get it bro. Im game for a pipe shootout. I have two that would make 3 and then I just need a fmf. Get er done.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I can tell you I have dyno'd the stock KTM exh. with and without the sparky, and have dyno'd the HFM pipe , the HMF kills the stock KTM pipe with sparky removed from 6K rpm and up the power and torq. are pretty much even till 5700 rpm after that you get 1.5 to 2 hp more and 1 ft lbs till rev limiter comes in
Yes I have seen you has some great results and really worked on the Dyno! Thank you for posting for us...
I was bummed as I thought the HMF was just a quick pipe on the market and I fell for it to the tune of $500...I incorrectly assumed it would not make much more HP or TQ...thanks for setting me straight...
I do have the Full System and the header sweeps straight back quickly indicating it is a higher rpm system...

Thanks for posting...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Last night Driver and I started what we thought was going to be a pipe shootout between Dasa slip-on, HMF full system and a mod'd stock can, turned out my personnel jet supply would not support this, we left my bike at the dyno, I'll buy jets today and try again, one thing you'll come to find out about Driver and I, is will will always do fair and just comparisons, and we could not do this last night as we could not jet for max power, more to come!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Ive helped ranchero with his dynoing. The hmf definately woke up the ktm. Like he said 1-2whp above 6k over modded stock exhaust. I guarantee an fmf wouldnt give that good of results. Id dyno any pipe for you guys have for free on racheros bike if you'd like a real non bias opinion. Just box it up and send it to me and Ill test it for you and sport shipping back. Ive been doing dyno comparisons on my dyno for a few years now. Did alot of ltr, honda, yamaha and kawi stuff. Check other sites and see the dyno sections. Lots of good info. Send me some pipes and lets find out what really works and what just makes noise. I also have a dasa Im gonna be doing on his bike sometimethis week. He will surely keep you guys posted.
I am currious if ya are located close by ranchero, and if there is any good rideing places near ya all ??
I ask, because if I was to do any comparison dyno testing against another dyno, it would have to be with my bike to see what kind of differance if any there would be. Simply cause I personaly have seen to many dyno differences between exact same bikes with exact same set ups.

And if it was do able to stop by your place on my travels, then I would, to see what your dyno would come up with on my bike verses the dyno I am currently running my bike on.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am currious if ya are located close by ranchero, and if there is any good rideing places near ya all ??
I ask, because if I was to do any comparison dyno testing against another dyno, it would have to be with my bike to see what kind of differance if any there would be. Simply cause I personaly have seen to many dyno differences between exact same bikes with exact same set ups.

And if it was do able to stop by your place on my travels, then I would, to see what your dyno would come up with on my bike verses the dyno I am currently running my bike on.

We live 10minutes from each other. We are good friends, and do alot of testing and building together. Im be glad to dyno your bike whenever. I have another job so we usually do all our testing and dyno playing after hours and on weekends. Plan a time when you wanna come up and we can meet and make some pulls.

·
Registered
769 Posts
525crazynuts
We are located in Boise, Idaho. and just to set things str8 it's not my dyno, Driver311 has the keys to the dyno, I usualy build the motors and tune carb'd bikes, Driver is the best injected tuner around so he does the EFI bikes and is getting pretty good at building engines, I can have custom pistons made by CP, along with custom ground cams, we also have a great head porter up here that has my spare KTM head so look for that some time in the future sitting on top of a 99mm bore, with a custom 12.5 CP piston.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
525crazynuts
We are located in Boise, Idaho. and just to set things str8 it's not my dyno, Driver311 has the keys to the dyno, I usualy build the motors and tune carb'd bikes, Driver is the best injected tuner around so he does the EFI bikes and is getting pretty good at building engines, I can have custom pistons made by CP, along with custom ground cams, we also have a great head porter up here that has my spare KTM head so look for that some time in the future sitting on top of a 99mm bore, with a custom 12.5 CP piston.
It's all cool with me,

I figured driver was the dyno man, just was'nt sure if he was close to ya or not.

His file didn't say were he was, that was all I was asking cause it sounded like ya all were close by each other.

Beings as driver is willing to do exhaust shoot out for the ktm community then I figured I would if applicable would stop by with the dual I am going to have to see what kind of #'s his dyno would come up with for dyno comparison and or see if I could get the duals to him for that comparison.

My dyno guy requested I wait to give ya all the #'s until the system was in full swing, the first # I mentioned was from a mock up, not the completed system.

Ya all will know as soon as I can release the info.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Just let us know when you are ready. If you want to just ship it to us we can test it against what we have for comparison. Same bike same day always works the best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts