KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i was recently out in Glamis last weekand and did not get a chance to race any raptor 700's unfortunately i raced pretty much every other kind of quad and never lost a drag race up a hill well i was there, the only quad that got within about 2 quad lengths of mine was a 08 yfz 450 with a dmc full exhaust, modded air box, jetting and a cam mod. I raced him about 4 times with pretty much the same resolts everytime. The guy who owned the yfz said that he was loosing to a stock raptor 700 earlier that day with jst the air box lid removed and the baffle out, and he said that it would beat my 525. i told him that i seriously dought it because i have watched my cousin race a couple of 3 mod raptors on his ltr that has a slip on exhaust a power commander and air box lid off and they we were tied most of the time and my 525 pulls his ltr pretty hard. So i am curious if anyone on this site has personally drag raced them and if so can you share your resolts with me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Alright guys i was recently out in Glamis last weekand and did not get a chance to race any raptor 700's unfortunately i raced pretty much every other kind of quad and never lost a drag race up a hill well i was there, the only quad that got within about 2 quad lengths of mine was a 08 yfz 450 with a dmc full exhaust, modded air box, jetting and a cam mod. I raced him about 4 times with pretty much the same resolts everytime. The guy who owned the yfz said that he was loosing to a stock raptor 700 earlier that day with jst the air box lid removed and the baffle out, and he said that it would beat my 525. i told him that i seriously dought it because i have watched my cousin race a couple of 3 mod raptors on his ltr that has a slip on exhaust a power commander and air box lid off and they we were tied most of the time and my 525 pulls his ltr pretty hard. So i am curious if anyone on this site has personally drag raced them and if so can you share your resolts with me.
I have, my XC had full HMF exh. mod'd air box and filter back fire screen removed, his had Trinity intake, full Trinity exh and programmer, on hard packed dirt road we, went neck and neck no true winner, in the sand I would pull him, (both of us on stock tires), after I bored the carb to 41mm I would take him everywhere...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ive raced a stock 700 and my 525 has a dasa slip on and jd jet kit, I weigh about 50 or 60 lbs less than him and beat him by about 5 or 6 bike lenghts on dry hard pack dirt(lots of wheel spin)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thnx for the info have ever raced 1 in sand because that is a whole different playground basically with dirt its which ever quad grips better and doesnt spin out which would def be the raptor over the ktm. My quad is pretty much tied with my freinds ltr on dirt all his has done to it is the CB the lid and baflle out. But in sand i would beat him to the top of oldsmobile so bad that when i was at the top he looked only about a little more then half way up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a stock 525 and the wife has a rapptor 700 with a full bub system, K&N and modded air box but we haven't raced and she won't race. But I have ridden them both hard in the sand and the dirt and the feel pretty equal.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a stock 525 and the wife has a rapptor 700 with a full bub system, K&N and modded air box but we haven't raced and she won't race. But I have ridden them both hard in the sand and the dirt and the feel pretty equal.

I've smoked some and lost to some mine is just a fmf slip on and jd jetting. always in the sand with paddles. on the long drag I always gettem. I'm also 250 lbs

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I've smoked some and lost to some mine is just a fmf slip on and jd jetting. always in the sand with paddles. on the long drag I always gettem. I'm also 250 lbs

Same here. I think alot of it is the rider.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ah, the eternal question... Well I would say it depends on what mods the Raptor has and of course the rider (launching in 2nd instead of 1st). But I have ridden both quite a bit, the raptor I had had Sparks big core exhaust, PCIII and Pro Design intake with no lid on, to tell you the truth I feel they are pretty much the same with my butt dyno, hehehe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright guys thnx for all the info i guess i will just have to go and find out for myself next time im in glamis im sure i wont be disappointing in the results from all the info and research i have done.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Alright guys thnx for all the info i guess i will just have to go and find out for myself next time im in glamis im sure i wont be disappointing in the results from all the info and research i have done.
I raced a few raps in pismo last weekend... one of them had like a 80 lb kid riding it and i still beat him... all I have is trinity full system, JD jetting, airbox snorkel removed and 8 paddle haulers... but I do agree... its mostly all rider

·
Registered
38 Posts
u never know what u are gonna get when racing against a raptor 700.... there are quite a few rolling around that look fairly stock that will blow u away.....
there are a lot of slow ones with crappy riders as well

in the sand its all about gearing and paddle combo/setup...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Was racing my stock KTM 525xc with stock Rapi 700 .... what much can I say.

Was going head to head on 1,2,3 but 4th 5th Rapi didn't stand a chance ! yet the surface was slippery, I reckon I could overpass him on proper dry surface.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts