KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just joined up and really wanting to purchase a 525XC... I have held off on a new quad due to Honda, Suzuki, & Yamaha do not have reverse on their 450's...I didn't like the idea of the vibration and several other issues on the Kawi 450...The KTM 525XC seems to be exactly what i want, but I am concerned after reading that it will just barely contend with the Yamaha Raptor 700? I thought the 525XC would be as fast as a Modded YFZ 450 (Pipe, Retarded Cam, & Air Box). I have been trying to inquire of the speed and performance on the 525XC can anyone enlightened me? Just got back from Glamis and there was one 450XC out there but I never saw him run the hill with it, but maybe he was breaking it in?
What I was looking at was a Duner & Trail Quad in one, I ride dunes 70% and trails 30%...hate to buy a $8000 Quad that can't even outrun a YFZ 450 and then have to build the engine to 600cc's to get something that is close to the speed of my LTZ470!?
Any suggestions?
I have a 525XC bought for $8049...is this a good price?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just joined up and really wanting to purchase a 525XC... I have held off on a new quad due to Honda, Suzuki, & Yamaha do not have reverse on their 450's...I didn't like the idea of the vibration and several other issues on the Kawi 450...The KTM 525XC seems to be exactly what i want, but I am concerned after reading that it will just barely contend with the Yamaha Raptor 700? I thought the 525XC would be as fast as a Modded YFZ 450 (Pipe, Retarded Cam, & Air Box). I have been trying to inquire of the speed and performance on the 525XC can anyone enlightened me? Just got back from Glamis and there was one 450XC out there but I never saw him run the hill with it, but maybe he was breaking it in?
What I was looking at was a Duner & Trail Quad in one, I ride dunes 70% and trails 30%...hate to buy a 00 Quad that can't even outrun a YFZ 450 and then have to build the engine to 600cc's to get something that is close to the speed of my LTZ470!?
Any suggestions?
I have a 525XC bought for 49...is this a good price?
I raced a raptor 700 last year and now run 525xc they are in no way alike. My raptor has many mods to make it equal to the 525, between the suspesion and motor mods i have well over $15,000 in the raptor. the 525 right out of the box has more low end and way more peppy the raptor has more top end but also has longer gears. Ive doe a little drag racing around here with a few yfz and hondas both were moded and the yfz was highly modded they only pulled me once out of ten runs. I think you will be happy with KTM as far as price if thats otd then you got good price even if its before ttl and other fees I've heard others paying more

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I raced a raptor 700 last year and now run 525xc they are in no way alike. My raptor has many mods to make it equal to the 525, between the suspesion and motor mods i have well over ,000 in the raptor. the 525 right out of the box has more low end and way more peppy the raptor has more top end but also has longer gears. Ive doe a little drag racing around here with a few yfz and hondas both were moded and the yfz was highly modded they only pulled me once out of ten runs. I think you will be happy with KTM as far as price if thats otd then you got good price even if its before ttl and other fees I've heard others paying more
Thanks Patrick...thats great info...that is OTD price....I thought it was great too...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi everyone,

What I was looking at was a Duner & Trail Quad in one, I ride dunes 70% and trails 30%...hate to buy a 00 Quad that can't even outrun a YFZ 450 and then have to build the engine to 600cc's to get something that is close to the speed of my LTZ470!?
Any suggestions?
I have a 525XC bought for 49...is this a good price?
My only question is WHERE did you get that price? And do they have 2?...Because if so I am on the way...

·
Registered
124 Posts
^^^ here we go again just buy it you were able to go buy 2 08ltrs for your boys now the only problem i see is them out runnin ya

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
My only question is WHERE did you get that price? And do they have 2?...Because if so I am on the way...
junkie, you need to talk to performance cycles ktm. he has 3 525's and 3 450's on the showroom floor. the 525's are $8200 OTD, not sure about the 450's. talk to cody and he can get you all hooked up. My guess for shiping would be $400 max to you out in CA. I have shipped quads coast to coast, in to canada and mexico; so dont be affraid to ship one.

i think a buddy of mine is going to pick up a 525 on monday.

performance cycles ktm
[email protected]

dont forget to tell cody that i sent you and to give you the "ktmatvhq" discount!

·
Registered
195 Posts
junkie, you need to talk to performance cycles ktm. he has 3 525's and 3 450's on the showroom floor. the 525's are 00 OTD, not sure about the 450's. talk to cody and he can get you all hooked up. My guess for shiping would be 0 max to you out in CA. I have shipped quads coast to coast, in to canada and mexico; so dont be affraid to ship one.

performance cycles ktm
[email protected]

dont forget to tell cody that i sent you and to give you the "ktmatvhq" discount!
Oh your just DYING to get me into trouble aren't you?...

If my wife reads this I am HISTORY...

·
Registered
8 Posts
junkie, you need to talk to performance cycles ktm. he has 3 525's and 3 450's on the showroom floor. the 525's are 00 OTD, not sure about the 450's. talk to cody and he can get you all hooked up. My guess for shiping would be 0 max to you out in CA. I have shipped quads coast to coast, in to canada and mexico; so dont be affraid to ship one.

performance cycles ktm
[email protected]

www.pcktm.com

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote from my wife after I brought the Polaris RZR home (I just told her I was going to buy it and that was the end of it I thought?): "We are getting divorced"...

Quote from my wife after last trip to Glamis Dunes: "I love the way MY RZR handles and it's such a great machine"...

Quote from me: Now my wife loves the RZR more than me...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote from my wife after I brought the Polaris RZR home (I just told her I was going to buy it and that was the end of it I thought?): "We are getting divorced"...

Quote from my wife after last trip to Glamis Dunes: "I love the way MY RZR handles and it's such a great machine"...

Quote from me: Now my wife loves the RZR more than me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a yfz 450 with full exhaust, intake, and jet kit with the cam mod. I am thinking of buying a KTM 525, will probally put an exhaust, and re-jet. Do you think that I will have a faster quad than I do now, or will the 525 be the best bet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The ktm 525 will outrun the yfz 450 that you have now 4 sure especially with an exhaust. I actually jst got back from glamis yesterday i never lost a drag race well i was there i raced all kindes of bikes but mainly they were all yfz 450 all i have done to that bike is slightly gutt the exhaust took the boot in the airbox out and rejet it. The closest any bike got to me up oldsmobile hill was a yfz 450 with a full exhaust modded airbox rejeted and had a Cam Mod and he was still about 2 quad lengths behind me he also weighed prob about 40 pounds less then me if not more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts