KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you who had LTR's how do you compare it with KTM 525 in low end and medium only.

A friend of mine took a ride in a 525 and he was disappointed with it. Told me that it's slow to respond and only in medium-high responds very good. Slow in low end. I don't agree with that...

He also told that LTR and even an LTZ have more torque down low

He said the 525 he took a ride had the carb properly setup so this seems weird to me. The one i took a ride was a blast!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think your friend is wrong. I race with a guy that has an ltr and i have riden it enough to know that it has a little better throttle response, but not the low end grunt the 525 has. both bikes are stock with only the factory restrictors taken out, im sure a properly tuned 525 has just as good a throttle response and definatly more low and midrange.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Had a good run with a guy on an 08 LT-R 450 on a local MX track.
The track we were on is very tight & you are coming out of the corners at low revs.
The table tops are just out of the corners. Where we were both accelerating out of the corners together, the LT-R was landing about 2/3 along the table tops & I was hitting the down ramps.
Tells me that I have a lot more torque down low, even to the point that the guy on the Suzuki commented about it after the race.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I think you will find that the KTM power curve is fairly even. Gives the impression of slow power at low revs. That's untill you have someone else beside you at the time & you can then see the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
mine has pulled anything its been up against, it was dead even with a yfz with an HMF slip-on and a CP piston, mine has a hindle full system

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd say guy did not have it jetted properly. Stock jetting if you mash the gas it will stall. After installing Jd-jetting I can mash the gas and get quick response from 0 to full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts