KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am a new member and a new owner of a 525. I am a vet B rider of the GNCC. I am preparing my quad now and have quite a few goodies that I have started to put on my ride. My question is have the latest quads to be produced by the manufacturer been updated as far as some of the common issues that I have read. My dealer does not know and he has just asked for my VIN number to see if any particular recalls have been placed on my model, so far the answer is no. I am concerned with the front brake issue and the brake pads, so for the more experienced on this site should I just go ahead and replace the pads since I have it all apart. At the North Carolina race I experienced complete front brake lock up and had to break the line loose at the master cylinder to get them to release. I had talked to several of the KTM techs and this seems to be an issue. I have combed the site lightly but have not come across this yet. If there any threads out there please lead me to them. My throttle has been modified by Mark Baldwin great improvement, highly recommend this for those who haven't. Any other suggestions are highly appreciated and to save time I have new wheels, shocks rebuilt, stabilizer, flexx bars, bumpers, skids, and gas tank. Thanks for a great site and all of the great stuff I have read thus far.

Marc

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've yet to hear the problem with the front breaks .... sound pretty scary if they lock up at the wrong time. Mine where on locked up one time but that's because I left the parking break latch on lol, was end the sand and went about 30 ft before I realized what I did ahhahaha ya i was a dumb ass

-Voodoo

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would change all the brake fluids. I changed the fluid in front and rear brakes after issues in 2 races. Also change the organic pads to sintered.
Should fix brake issues. Brakes are the only issues I have had in 5 races.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts