KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know from you guys that had other 450's before the KTM (only the 450) how do you compare them in terms of engine: raw power, usability, low/top end, etc

This is because in my Country, a magazine did a mega test (yfz, ltr, trx, ds450, outlaw 450, kfx) and i was invited but couldn't make it there. Either way, the people that did the test (was an entire day), pilots and amateurs, said the KTM 450 doesn't have enough engine compared to the others

They said the outlaw 450 (that has the same engine) has more power and is faster. Now, we know the engine is the same and ktm is lighter and has better admission/exhaust so? anything wrong here...

Please tell what bike did you have before.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
it is much faster than the kfx which i rode quite a bit in the summer

·
Registered
12 Posts
At the dunes w/dirt tires I smoked my bf on the top end. I was ridin a lt-r450 w/13T front sprocket w/21 in. dirt tires, dasa exhaust, pcIII, fuelatv intake n Junky Fiber(all the power options i could think off). He was on the ktm 540, not the 450 butt... Its a real torqueyy machine and love the suspension all around.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the dunes w/dirt tires I smoked my bf on the top end. I was ridin a lt-r450 w/13T front sprocket w/21 in. dirt tires, dasa exhaust, pcIII, fuelatv intake n Junky Fiber(all the power options i could think off). He was on the ktm 540, not the 450 butt... Its a real torqueyy machine and love the suspension all around.
"Big bores simply don't rev" - Tim Farr

It's not surprising that the Zuki with those mods beat a 540 in top end...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts