KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started getting somewhat off topic in another thread so I figured I would just start a new thread on it, so we wouldnt hijack JM317's thread. Anyways got the part number from patrickj75(Thanks Patrick) on everything but the shaft. As of now without the shaft the total came to $293 through bike bandit which they seem overpriced on a lot of things,though.That is a little lower than what I had expected. Im sure some of those parts wont work on the sx, but there shouldnt be much difference I wouldnt think. Two of the gears were a bit high at $44 and $55 with another part at $113. I think if I could have those 3 parts fabbed up locally along with the shaft, it would cut the cost down some. I need to locate a CAD drawing of the frame with the engine mounted with all the specs and we might get somewhere. If not I will just wait til I pick up a ktm in the near future and take my own measurements.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not on an SX. But Im sure the XC have hope. Unless the right side case is universal with the dirt bike. But Im not evern sure about that

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i hear ya,I mean its worth a shot. If it doesnt work out then at least we gave it a try. B)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I just posted this in another thread but thought I should post it here also....

I'm in the process of putting a kickstart in my 450XC. Once it's finished I will post pics. The only thing I have to do is modify the kick lever it self to clear in a couple spots. Stryker, I have a new updated list with the part numbers. The parts retail for around $350.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is definitely great news, I should be taking delivery of my sx this week so I will try to get rolling on something for the sx. :D

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but the cases are obviously designed differently for increased oil capacity. An internal component is not included in the ATV case. This component is not sold separately either.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but the cases are obviously designed differently for increased oil capacity. An internal component is not included in the ATV case. This component is not sold separately either.
Chris,
Are you talking about the SX or the XC? Rath Racing has been putting kickstarts in their Outlaws.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
SX.

·
Registered
309 Posts
how hard do you think it would be to kick over i was thinking of ditching all the electrical that doesnt have to be there and having kick only

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Mainly SX, but technically both.

Not sure where they are sourcing the part to get kickstart on the Outlaws to work. Haven't been in contact with Daryl for several months.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Mainly SX, but technically both.

Not sure where they are sourcing the part to get kickstart on the Outlaws to work. Haven't been in contact with Daryl for several months.
I'm not sure how they figured it out but all the parts are from KTM. I have all the parts numbers if you're curious.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Just call and ask them if they could sell you the kickstart that they put in their Outlaws.
There's no actual kit. You have to order all the parts individually which is what I did. I'm just wainting on a couple of them before i can try it myself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Your right it's not a kit but if he could put together everything you need to make it kickstart and then sell it to you

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Your right it's not a kit but if he could put together everything you need to make it kickstart and then sell it to you
I got all the part numbers from Rath's mechanic then just went to my dealer. They're helping me out so I get a discount.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can you post these part numbers? This can be run with the electric start still right? As I said in my other post, us XC racers with Rekluse clutches can't bump-start and it would be nict to have a backup...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Can you post these part numbers? This can be run with the electric start still right? As I said in my other post, us XC racers with Rekluse clutches can't bump-start and it would be nict to have a backup...
I'm going to install this stuff in mine first and make sure it works.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im heading to the dealer Monday or Wednesday to pick my sx up, so Im gonna figure out if its at all possible on the sx. I have an idea for it that might work, just havent got the sx in my shop yet to play with it. I just want to know for sure whether or not it can be done, which is why Im going to play around with a few ideas on mine when I get it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts