KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lost a tad on the bottom, but made it up on the mid to top, over the stock filter w/Backfire screen removed, enjoy...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Move to dyno section boner. LOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn it Jim :eek:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Pretty impressive, it gained about 1whp in the mid and top. I was impressed. Imagine what a full intake will do.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
One note on the K&N is it had an Outerwears Prefilter on...they do restrict flow somewhat as per their engineers...I like the Outerwears cause it keeps the filter clean from sand much longer and makes cleaning the K&N a snap...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
One note on the K&N is it had an Outerwears Prefilter on...they do restrict flow somewhat as per their engineers...I like the Outerwears cause it keeps the filter clean from sand much longer and makes cleaning the K&N a snap...
The outerwear only took away about .2whp. Real close.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
The outerwear only took away about .2whp. Real close.
LOL thanks Anthony you guys are awesome...great results...I just was reminding everyone that the Prefilters do effect air flow basically, but the loss is minimal compared to the advantage of running an Outerwear...they do a great job at keeping the sand from sticking to the oil coating on the filter...I didn't over oil either only one spray coat then I waited a while and went back and touched up the white areas on the filter...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ill take a k&n with outerwear over a foam any day. More power and great protection. Thanks for sending it. Good gains for sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
First off thanks for the information, very surprising what just a filter will do but where can I buy this filter. Do you have a link or part number. Thanks again Ryan

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Takes a little bit of modifying.
You will have to screw the filter cage to your intake.
Easy job and it is worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i talked to GARRETT @ FCI the other day and he is working on a kit for the KTM..... who knows when it will be done but he's had some decent gains so far

Ya he has Jakes bike right now. Man jake will have like 60hp after all is said and done ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bone stock 525 XC on our dyno made 48hp 39 ft lbs

·
Registered
253 Posts
THE FCI intake is about a month or so away, i just got an email back from Garrett and he said some pictures should be up soon of the intake

·
Registered
477 Posts
THE FCI intake is about a month or so away, i just got an email back from Garrett and he said some pictures should be up soon of the intake
Thanks for the update, I'm still waiting to see this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts