KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a dirtbike trail rider for almost ten years. I just started into quads and have logged 4hrs on my 450xc, and just recently started riding on a broken down, unmaintained race track. I got enough guts to start jumping and have tweaked a couple things like, thottle on the launch, and its been getting better. But on my really good launches, when I am up in the air I feel my bike pull ahead of me and my boots slide back from the pegs until they hit the heel guards on the nerf bars. So any Ideas on what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
when i take off i tend to let the bike absorb into me i guess. when i do that my feet do not come off of the pegs. you dont go as far though, so if your doing doubles watch out before you try it.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
grip your boots tighter into the side of the quad and use your knees as suggested above

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
tons of beginner riders, including myself only a few years ago, tend to lean too far back off jumps. Try to stay in the attack position with your chin over the bars and dont let your legs straighten out

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you preload your back shock as you hit the face of the jump, the bike should spring back at you as it takes off. This should help keep your feet in place. Be patient and don't get too crazy. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts