KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Britt Sommer...I am John Sommer's wife...JohnnyKTM...I invite all you riders to join our Facebook group "We Love You Johnny" to read up on his progress through a serious accident just 7 days ago that landed him in a critical coma...thank you for taking the time to read this and look into our group. My hubby loved quadding and racing...I, along with our 2 children were his biggest supporters and I know by the amount of time he spent on this website talking to other riders as passionate about the sport as him that you would like to be informed about this accident. Thank you for your time...
JohnnyKTM's Wife
Britt

· Registered
951 Posts
My name is Britt Sommer...I am John Sommer's wife...JohnnyKTM...I invite all you riders to join our Facebook group "We Love You Johnny" to read up on his progress through a serious accident just 7 days ago that landed him in a critical coma...thank you for taking the time to read this and look into our group. My hubby loved quadding and racing...I, along with our 2 children were his biggest supporters and I know by the amount of time he spent on this website talking to other riders as passionate about the sport as him that you would like to be informed about this accident. Thank you for your time...
JohnnyKTM's Wife
Britt
Just want to wish Johnny a quick recovery. I don't know him but none the less you have my support.

· Registered
186 Posts
hey guys i am part of the we love you johnny group on facebook and his wife posted on aug. 4th that he has come out of coma! just figured i would share that with yall

· Registered
1,102 Posts
thats great news! Any info on his physical condition?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,thanks for your support and words of encouragement and prayers. physically im doing ok,still doing my physio and about 20 pounds under my regular weight,doctors advice is to stay off the quad for two years cause that is how long it takes for the bone to heal on the inside,after the shit i have been through this past year that is fine by me. I have to take 1.5 to 2 years off work as well after my brain injury.It is everything around all of this that is so hard to deal with.My wife and kids have moved out of the house and not working is not the best way to deal with that,no distraction. All this cause when i landed off of a small high speed kicker and my magura bars,tht i have never rolled over or even put tiedown straps on cause i didnt want to put unneeded stress on them, snapped in half sending me onto my head in front of the quad breaking c-7 in my neck in three places and then getting run over by another quad whose rider bailed of to the left,quad veered right and hit me in the face and ran over my body,breaking my collar bone and helmet.Quad faired better with only a ripped seat cover,and bent rear fender brackets so $400 and that will be fixed again. Considering that the doctors said i might not walk again and wouldnt be home till after this summer i'm lucky to be were i'm at right now,my memories from the last couple years are completly messed up but stuff is slowly coming back,it might all come back but some of it may never come back i guess time will tell :blink:

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Holy crap, sorry to hear about all that, hope everything comes together for you. Stay strong, and keep as positive as possible.
Hope You recover fully and quick!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.