KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to jet in my quad. I have stock main 170, moved needle from 3rd to 4th clip. and went from a 42 pilot to a 48 pilot with 2 turns out. It still pops when you chop the gas when the rpm get low. I was wondering if anyone has gone as big as a 50 pilot jet? I live in michigan and it was about 45 today.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am trying to jet in my quad. I have stock main 170, moved needle from 3rd to 4th clip. and went from a 42 pilot to a 48 pilot with 2 turns out. It still pops when you chop the gas when the rpm get low. I was wondering if anyone has gone as big as a 50 pilot jet? I live in michigan and it was about 45 today.
try 48 pilot and 175 main and adjust screw 2 turns out. seemed to help mine out in the cooler weather

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
i rode my 450 today (about 40 deg.). i had a 172 main, clip 3rd from the top, 1-1/2 turns out and 45 pilot. ran good overall put popped if i would crack the throttle in neutral. would that same jetting have been better?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
someone on one of the sites found a loose or poor sealing front pipe gasket at the head as the cause for his popping on deceleration ?? worth checking

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im one of those guys with the loose head pipe. Took it 2 plessingers and he put some pipe stuff around it, sounded great, no popping or anything. well that did not last long, started again after about 3 hours of riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.