KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here but not to atving. Raced XC for many years and looking for a new ride. I liked the KTM and it looks sweet to. But I've seen a few issues and wonder if the price is still worth it. One is the shocks. Seem many have a hard time dialing them in, and many just seemed to spend $500+ to have them rebuilt. The rebuilt guys seem much more happy then the guys trying to dial in. But again that adds more cost. 2nd, the tank bolts. Seem many are stripping out. Is there a fix as the KTM only has a 30 day warrenty? 3rd, Jetting. Seems to be a issue even in stock trim. With these in mind, this will put the KTM near $10000. So is it still worth it??

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am so impressed with this machine. The fit and finish smokes every thing I have every seen, every thing on this machine is trick as it gets. Even the hardware they use seems like its aftermarket. You can plainly see why it costs a few bucks more than the competition. Everything is super easy to access, remove, its just a better machine all the way around
From a very reputable builder.... and HQ vendor.

NO stock suspension will ever make everyone happy. I sure wish one would, but it just can't happen. FWIW, I expect issues to pop up on the first run of any bike. If you are unsure, wait till next year and see what they fix / don't fix.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
i would rather spend 500-700 in having shocks set up then 2500+ in new shocks

someone should do a fair cost chart compairing what a ktm comes with to what it costs to add it to the others

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would rather spend 500-700 in having shocks set up then 2500+ in new shocks

someone should do a fair cost chart compairing what a ktm comes with to what it costs to add it to the others

You can get the same Ohlins that are on the KTM for $2000 built to my style. You take the $600 to have the KTM's rebuilt, then your only talking a $1400 difference. Plus the Ohlins I can get are hi/low speed compression which the KTM doesn't have. Here is the place for Ohlins.
http://www.hardracing.com/DIRT&ATV/DIR...p/OhlinsATV.htm

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't expect that anyone will ever be happy with a stock suspension...however Suzuki has done a good job with the newest revisions to the LTR...that being said it took them 2 years...which I guess isn't too bad for a big company...I would have to say lets see how KTM responds to the feed back from the general public...

Personally I think the engine would be worth most of the upgraded cost...the suspension would be icing on the cake...BUT I am holding out until the MX version is here...then I am going to bite the bullet and live with whatever KTM offers at that time...

As for the other small problems? I think thats just part of owning a off road machine...stuff happens out there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts