KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the JD Jetting kit put everything back together, tried to start it, it kinda fired one time, now it has no spark, What has happened???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I am sure you know already that a jet kit has nothing to do with your spark, however if you are dumping way to much fuel it could seem that you have no spark, unless you have removed plug and checked it the old fasioned way. If you changed nothing but the jet kit then my guess would be that you may have bumped your TPS if it is slightly off it won't run. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i think its the TPS too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a jet kit has nothing to do with the spark, I have taken the spark plug an checked it they are no spark... How do I adjust the tps??? I have never messed with this type of setup, an my last bike was a ltr so I've not messed with a carb since I had a 450r back in 04... Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know a jet kit has nothing to do with the spark, I have taken the spark plug an checked it they are no spark... How do I adjust the tps??? I have never messed with this type of setup, an my last bike was a ltr so I've not messed with a carb since I had a 450r back in 04... Thanks for the help...
I hope this will help you.It's not that difficult to adjust the TPS.
http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...?showtopic=1880

·
Registered
57 Posts
So what do you do, hold the black idle knob in place an adjust the actual screw????
It could be that the TPS is out of range because you have turned the Idle srew to much or the TPS is loosen. (There is a green mark on the TPS on the carb.)
So take a Voltmeter and check if the resistor is in range.
You can turn the Idle srew to a possision that the value is in the right range.
If your idle speed is than to high or to low you have to adjust the idle speed and after this adjust the TPS on the carb again to the right values.
You have to loosen the srew than you can move the TPS (its a little tricky to get it right)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I still don't understand which screw Is the tps adjustment.
There is no screw like the idle or air-fuel mixture srew.
You have to remove the tank than you can see the TPS (is a black thing on the left top side od the carb with a cable on it).
The TPS is mounted with a normal srew and when you loosen this than you can move the TPS approx 5mm right or left.
With this movement you can adjust it.
To meassure the resistor you have to unplug the connector (cable form the TPS; is also under the gas tank)

Where do you live? If its not to fare away I can help you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in KY about 20 mins from the hatfield-mccoy trail system... I undersand what your saying now, I couldnt see the screw in the tps until I got down an really looked, it was kinda blocked by the frame... Im gonna try to get it running this mourning I'll let ya know how it goes... Thanks for all the help...

·
Registered
73 Posts
not saying this is the problem, but when you changed the needle over, did you hold the throttle open and possibly foul the plug. Its unlikely but it did happen to a guy where i got the quad from. He held the throttle open to get at the needle easier and actually fouled the plug, which could also explain the "kinda fired"

·
Registered
430 Posts
The easiest way to do this is to take the seat and rear fender off. Loosen the screw and have someone try to start the quad while you turn the TPS slowly. It should fire and run at some point while your turning it. When it does, tighten the screw back up and thats it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts