KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the walk-through video with john maley on most atv websites, he says to disconnect the plug for the aggresive mode, and to plug it in for the soft mode. today i got my owners manual and it says the exact opposite. connected=aggresive mode, disconnected=soft mode. wtf?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
If John Maley says disconnected for performance and connected for soft mode then he's right. I checked the manual and it says the same thing.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what manual are you looking at? i have the ktm owners manual.
in my manual on page 133. it says:
performance- the plug in connector is connected to achieve better performance.
soft- the plug-in connecter is disconnected for better driveability.

i rewatched the video and he says changing the plug will either get you more torque or a harder hit. but doesn't specify which one.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I use the map selector switch on my XC.
With the button in I have snappier power off the bottom than with the switch out.
Apart from that, I can't feel any more changes.
Switch out is the same as wire plugged together & switch in is the same as disconnecting the wire.
Don't know if this helps or confusses the issue.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
what manual are you looking at? i have the ktm owners manual.
in my manual on page 133. it says:
performance- the plug in connector is connected to achieve better performance.
soft- the plug-in connecter is disconnected for better driveability.

i rewatched the video and he says changing the plug will either get you more torque or a harder hit. but doesn't specify which one.
I'm looking at page 60 from owners manual. There's no page 133, my manual (USA) has 100 pages +-
In my manual says the oposite of what yours is saying...

But then again, the correct is: disconnect for harder hit (performance), connect for smooth power (soft).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at page 60 from owners manual. There's no page 133, my manual (USA) has 100 pages +-
In my manual says the oposite of what yours is saying...

But then again, the correct is: disconnect for harder hit (performance), connect for smooth power (soft).

I have the u.s.a. version for a 450sx and 505sx. and on page 60 is a service schedule. mine has 202 pages. is yours a sx model manual or a xc? because if it is a xc then it makes sense. they might be switched.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I have the u.s.a. version for a 450sx and 505sx. and on page 60 is a service schedule. mine has 202 pages. is yours a sx model manual or a xc? because if it is a xc then it makes sense. they might be switched.
Mine is a XC model manual. You have pm

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Can someone confirm on this? I've been dickin' between the two quads so much,I wanna make sure I know which one is which. On the 08 Xc's is this mod avail too?

Thanks, Jay

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Can someone confirm on this? I've been dickin' between the two quads so much,I wanna make sure I know which one is which. On the 08 Xc's is this mod avail too?

Thanks, Jay
Yep, they have it on the XC's. It sounds like its the opposite for the SX's? I know on the XC you UNPLUG the wire for the aggressive mode.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep, they have it on the XC's. It sounds like its the opposite for the SX's? I know on the XC you UNPLUG the wire for the aggressive mode.
I was reading that on some of the dirt bikes, I do not know which ones, you disconnect it for better traction and connect it for more power. :shrugs:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats correct, the XC is the opposite way round to the SX

·
Registered
477 Posts
it is a 505 sx
to get a soft (less performance) i should disconnect the cable right???
you got it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts