KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah my tires are gonna be pretty bare in about 2 weeks! i haven't put awhole lot of thought into what i wanna get

i liked the razrs but in the past i've used ITP and have had good reliablity..

i was thinkin about the ITP GNCC tire, has anyone used it? i looked like a pretty sweet tire...i dont want a MX tire cuz i only get out to the tracks like once a week...

otherwise i'm riding ditches, gravel pits, and trails!

Later

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
yeah my tires are gonna be pretty bare in about 2 weeks! i haven't put awhole lot of thought into what i wanna get

i liked the razrs but in the past i've used ITP and have had good reliablity..

i was thinkin about the ITP GNCC tire, has anyone used it? i looked like a pretty sweet tire...i dont want a MX tire cuz i only get out to the tracks like once a week...

otherwise i'm riding ditches, gravel pits, and trails!

Later
Ask Eric at www.recreationtires.com he can definitely guide you on the ITP's...and he's one of our sponsors...

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I have the GNCC's in my tire selection, they are an excellent tire for cross country use, I'd recommend them over the razrs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I highly recomend Stinger SuperGrips. They are extremly similiar to the razr2's and are super super tough tires. I find that the track really well and bite awsome in the mud. I've run both ITP and Razr's and have nothing bad to say about either (except that the ITP's wore a little fast for my likeing). You will not be dissappointed with a set of stingers. There hard to find at most local places. But i believe there around the same price or cheaper even with shipping.

http://www.kgmotorcycletires.com/Super_Grip_Stinger.htm

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i have the itp gncc's and i hate them. they are too soft and dont seem to hold up well. i am a HUGE fan of the razr 2. i have been wanting to try the i-razr as all my freinds that have them, absolutely love them!

the first time out on my itp gncc's i had to plug both rears after JUST 30 minutes of riding. now this is riding on the same exact trails that i rode nearly 7 months on with razr 2's before having to plug them and by that time i needed a new set anyways.

definitely give eric @ recreation tires a call. i bet that he is cheaper than anyone esle shipped to your door.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I've got some new Irazr's here. 10" front and 9" rear.

There were mounted on some OMF beadlocks for an ATVSport photoshoot on my old YFZ, I took them off right away to replace them with mx tires.

If anyone is interested, I'll sell them for $40 a tire + shipping.

Thanks, Jay

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Tires are terrian specific, looks like the Razr maybe the tougher tire in rocky and desert type terrian.

GNCC's, we ran these for 3 weeks trial riding every day in Utah in very rocky terrian without a puncture. These now have 90 hours of ride time (engine hr meter time) on them with minimal wear, yes they feel soft but wear has not been an issue. Traction is superb, steering is nice and light. Back to back versus the stock KTM tires the GNCC is better for the terrian I ride in here in NZ, loamy dirt / sandy soils and on gravelly trails.

I haven't tried them out in really muddy clay conditions yet.

For our conditons at least I way prefer them to the stock Razr.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i have the itp gncc's and i hate them. they are too soft and dont seem to hold up well. i am a HUGE fan of the razr 2. i have been wanting to try the i-razr as all my freinds that have them, absolutely love them!

the first time out on my itp gncc's i had to plug both rears after JUST 30 minutes of riding. now this is riding on the same exact trails that i rode nearly 7 months on with razr 2's before having to plug them and by that time i needed a new set anyways.

definitely give eric @ recreation tires a call. i bet that he is cheaper than anyone esle shipped to your door.
I second the Razr2's! I've ran iRazr's and standard Razr's on other quads too and I like the like Razr2 the best.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I've got some new Irazr's here. 10" front and 9" rear.

There were mounted on some OMF beadlocks for an ATVSport photoshoot on my old YFZ, I took them off right away to replace them with mx tires.

If anyone is interested, I'll sell them for a tire + shipping.

Thanks, Jay
how new are they? send me a pm with a super duper deal? i will email you a prepaid fedex shipping label to use for shipping... you got to be able to better than $40 a tire!!!

do they have any ride time on them?

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'd say they have 95% tread on them. Front were used for 2 dune rides, and the rears were on for 1 trail ride.

If you pay shipping I'll take $125 for the full set. $31.25 per tire that is...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts