KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know about any aftermarket stems i can get for my 525? i went over fontwards today and snapped mine...is there anything at all??? otherwise i'll order a stock one but i have to get one as soon as possible

thanks

later

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raptor i'll keep your offer in mind if i cant find anything....but i would really like to stay away from anything that's bent at all.....when you say tweaked...what do you mean exactly?? and what did you replace your old one with?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
it tweaked so little i couldn't tell untill i got it off the quad, i replaced mine with a walsh before i had anything happen.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are the walsh stems made out of? are they aluminum too? i'd like to get something alot stronger if i can

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there any good way to tell if your stem is slightly bent/tweaked without taking it off of the quad? I've always wondered about this.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'm sure you can take off the stock stem, place the round part on a table and roll it. If it wobbles, its bent. IF not then you should be fine.

Also, I was talking to Nate Walsh the other day. I actually just got my set of Walsh FLow arms and should be getting my stem soon for my 09 SX thats ordered. The walsh stocker is $200 I believe and the Anti Vibe is $290 + $75 for the Clamp I believe.

Nate was telling me that they can't pc them due to clearance issues being soo tight, so they are nickel plate ONLY. Thats kind of a bummer, but once I get mine I'm going to work on a way to figure out how to run it with PC...

Just my .02

Jay

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'm sure you can take off the stock stem, place the round part on a table and roll it. If it wobbles, its bent. IF not then you should be fine.

Also, I was talking to Nate Walsh the other day. I actually just got my set of Walsh FLow arms and should be getting my stem soon for my 09 SX thats ordered. The walsh stocker is 0 I believe and the Anti Vibe is 0 + for the Clamp I believe.

Nate was telling me that they can't pc them due to clearance issues being soo tight, so they are nickel plate ONLY. Thats kind of a bummer, but once I get mine I'm going to work on a way to figure out how to run it with PC...

Just my .02

Jay

its because of the way the stem bushuing slides over the top of the stem, you could powdercoat it from the busing down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If your stem was bent couldn't you tell while your riding? And if you can't tell it must be very minor, and you could still ride it?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm gonna wait awhile before i get a aftermarket, i'm sure after this summer is over they'll be alot more stuff out for these KTM's

i'm just gonna order a stock one on monday, i work at our KTM dealer so i get sick deals on stuff anyways

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've heard of a few people who's stock steering stem broke, is this covered under warranty at all or is everything eating the cost?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont think warrenty would cover it unless it somehow broke without you flipping the machine...basically to sum it up it wouldnt have broke if i wouldn't of pushed it and wrecked!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts