KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the HRC needle (NGPR) is no where to be found. Just curious if there is a close equivalent? Is it worth doing the FastRanchero mods with any needle? Or are the mods necessary because of the HRC needle specs? Woodward Specialties offers two different needle options under HRC Kits on the website. One is the Yamaha YFZ450 GYTR needle (NCVQ) part number 5TA-14916-V1-00; and the second needle is a Honda CRF450R Needle (NCYQ) part number 16202-MEN-671. Both needles seem to have similar traits where they run lean at idle the fatten up off idle. Anyone know which is a closer the original NGPR needle?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ranchero mods will help regardless of needle as far as I know, you won’t find the HRC needle without a serious spirt of luck.
Contact KTMBILL at all4racing, he put a similar to HRC needle in mine, I want to so it was the NCVQ maybe?
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Throttle response? Power? Bog elimination?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I remember the NCVQ coming up on here before as a good needle. I don't know if it runs as rich as the HRC needle does so the main jet setting may differ a little.

The accelerator pump mods that are part of the Ranchero setup are worth doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was digging through my parts drawer the other day and found the HRC kit that I had bought a long time ago and was planning on installing but never did. I don’t think I am going to ever use it. If someone is interested in it, send me a PM.
You still have it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts