KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Very Nice! thats what im looking for. last night was my first race day of the season and i hit my on/off handlebar switch twice.needless to say that is coming off. the way it looks you should be able to just pull the tether with your setup and no need to run the switch?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks! Yep you can do that, you can pull it then put it right back in or leave it out it will still stay turned off

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
when you get it done, ill probably be in for one at first and maybe a second later on. the 2010 parts are all out of stock and they arnt sure when they are getting them if ever. i have my harness stripped as far as it can go, so hopefully it will still work out fine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It should work just fine as long as you didn't change how the key switch or the switches on the handlebars are wired, if not I can change it to make it work. I want to test it on my quad first, once I get my engine back together, just to make sure everything is gonna work good so it will probably be a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
thats fine. i ended up changing some of the plugs and straight wired fan... but we will see once it gets the O.K. for more info on it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Update: I figured I'd test drawing some current with through one of the mosfets. Drawing 10 amps through one of them gets them pretty warm I found the specs and they are only rated to disipate 83 watts of heat which is about 7 amps at 12 volts :rolleyes: I'm getting some rated for 300 watt so those should barely get warm up at 25 amps with no heatsink, should be good now:cool: Got a new fuse for my meter and it will read down to microamps, with it powered off it uses 00.0 micro amps so no need to worry about any battery drain whatsoever

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not super sure about the sx but assuming it is almost the same as the xc, no it doesn't but if the key is on it will drain power.

·
Registered
143 Posts
so would the tether cord act as the key? and i guess you would be able to leave it in gear so no one could roll it away? sorry i'm still a noob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sure, you could use it as a key if you wanted too. It wont start unless it is attached, unless they are smart enough to unplug the switch, then it will start

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I ended up building a few of them and I have been using one for a year no with no problems, also sold one to a forum member on here.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Whats cost for one?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Here's a couple of pictures that I took after I built them last year:
IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1282.JPG
I painted them all black as well. I only have one left and I want to keep it for myself just in case I need it. I would be willing to make more but only if a few people wanted them because the circuit boards are really kind of pain to make one at a time. I'd like to get $85 shipped for one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still making these?

Here's a couple of pictures that I took after I built them last year:
View attachment 9632 View attachment 9633
I painted them all black as well. I only have one left and I want to keep it for myself just in case I need it. I would be willing to make more but only if a few people wanted them because the circuit boards are really kind of pain to make one at a time. I'd like to get $85 shipped for one.
Hello are you still making these?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts