KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new 450xc over the last weekend and now have it registered but need to mount the license plate somewhere. If anyone has a trick way or anyway of mounting your plate I liked to know how. I have an Idea or two, but I just wanted to see what others have done. Pics Please.

thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
2 zip ties to the side of the wheelie bar. Keeps it out of the way and also makes it harder to see from behind in case you are being chased! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used to run mine on the back of my heel gaurd on my sx,could only see half of the plate from behind :) I don't use heel gaurds anymore so I have it mounted on the back of the airbox with a couple ice stud screws

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's where I put mine fits perfect and it's hard to see :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I made up an aluminum bracket out of scrap will Install in the morning and see how it fits.

·
Registered
191 Posts
stupid question...Are these license plates to ride on the rode? Or are these the plates your state requires you to have, inorder to ride the trails? My state requires us to have stickers in specific places.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Idaho the plate is registered on an atv for the life of the vehicle if you sell it the plate goes with it. And you have to register the the plate for off road use as well. If you look close at mine it has a white sticker for the owner registration and a green sticker for offroad use. The Green one is like most off road stickers that other state use that expire after the year end. Bikes still use only the offroad sticker here. Also it is legal to use my atv on roads except for freeways and state highways as long as I have a horn and mirrors.

And my buddy says I can use on any road, highway and freeways if I just add turn signals but not sure about that, I havent read up on it yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmm makes sense. Thats pretty sweet that you can ride on the road tho. It's not like a horn would be hard to add up, and you could get some small mirrors that dont look too bad.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
nice mount job. just mounted mine (finally after 1 year) tonight!! i just drilled 2 holes beside the tail light and bolted it off center of the bike, should work well and is out of harms way,

also here in Renfrew County (ontario canada) we can ride on the side of the road at a limited speed so we need plates, also need them to run on any public trails. (here anyway)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts