KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it'd be cool to have a spot to see how everyone that raced did this year.

Myself....I started the season in the Jr. B class and got a 2nd and a 1st. I was promoted to A class but only ended up racing half the season due to a thumb injury and some family matters. Wound up ending the season in 11th out of 34. Looking forward to next season aboard the freshly rebuilt KTM.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
i ran the jr class, took 2nd overall with 1 win and a bunch of podiums, and won the amateur national event

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
my year ended great! got to look at my awesome KTM without a engine for a month! and i still get too! yay! :p

congrats on your successful season guys! :D

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I spent all year building my quad and waiting for parts. I raced here and there but never had the right setup so it was a bummer of a season. 2009 looks to be much better though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My goal was to be in the top half of racers in a.m. GNCC races. Raced in four, finished three and hit the goal once. Got two plaques. I was pleased as a first year racer on my first wheeler. Have my first flat track race this weekend and can't wait.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
New Zealand

2008 North Island TT vets class champ (YFZ 480), a championship title;

2008 North Island MX vets class champ (KTM SX), a championship title;

2008 New Zealand MX Champs Vets class 3rd (KTM SX) so I'm entitled to run the NZ #3 plate for the 09 season.

2008 Auckland ATV club overall Highclimb champ - 5th year running; Vets class champ - YFZ and open class champ KTM XC.

A very good year ! :D

AATV news page

Kiwi

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
You need some competition Craig. Come across the water and we'll play.

Does 2 broken ribs and a couple of really sore legs count?
Bike's all back together though.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Great Lakes Quad Series 35+ MX champion, (third in a row)
Also finished 5th in Vet A against the young guys.

Compliments to my ktm525xc, Loads of easy to ride torque makes great mx engine. It always finds traction, and the power is always there. I need a better shock set up for mx though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ended up third in points in the District Harescrambles. Cant complain about it though considering I was out for a month and a half with a broken thumb "throttle side". Wrecked my KTM dirt bike....Go figure!! The KTM treated me very well this year. I was used to working on my race quad after every race in the past. Not with this one!!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Well this season here at the local track I started out with my highly modded 700 and was kicking some major butt staying first in points in the 30+ class until one issue after another and the topper, Broke my frame :( . All of which started my competition catching me :eek: .

So I went out and got the 525xc :D . Learning to ride this super fast and quick handleing machine helped stay close to first place in points, But rider error set me back to second in points for the season :rolleyes: .

Next season, both my monsters will be top notch and kickin major butt, can't wait :2thumbsup: .

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Oloof; thats a top effort 37wins off 50 starts.

How about some details on your machine !

It´s been great! :)

I won the Swedish Championship as the youngest compeditior :)
37 Heats of 50 did I won :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I finished the season 2nd in points in open c class. due to a back injury missed 2 races. 2 first place finishes, 3 2nd place finishes, and 1 third. not
Finished 8th overal for the year
movin up to B class next year

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
hey 525crazynuts, first of all, whats your first name because i cant take you seriously calling you that, sorry, and that double in your sig looks pretty sweet, looks like shit to case though

·
Registered
45 Posts
I finished first in the nextrax arenacross series in BC Canada. Raced my 525xc airbox snorkel removed, jd jetting,flipped carrier upside down and the last 2 races I ran some mx 20's on 3+2 offset fronts and 18's on the rear. Very happy with my results as my goal was to have fun and not get hurt. B)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts