KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i race xc and am looking at a new quad soon. i really like the ktm but my dad doesnt think that its worth the extra couple g's over the honda 450r. he says for the price dif i could upgrade the honda instead. any opioins and are there any problems with the ktm.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
i race xc and am looking at a new quad soon. i really like the ktm but my dad doesnt think that its worth the extra couple g's over the honda 450r. he says for the price dif i could upgrade the honda instead. any opioins and are there any problems with the ktm.
the honda handling sucks compared to the KTM........ spend the dollars, get Rocket Ron to revlve the stockers, add nerfs and your fav pipe and go racing or muck around with the Honda, change all the suspension components / axle, add a bigger tank and still be down on grunt and alot heavier

choices are hard but do the real numbers and you might be surprised. Then add the weight advantage, becomes a no brainer IMHO....... get one now at $8k and laugh all teh way to the bank..........

·
Registered
107 Posts
YFZ 450 might be another choice for you, Think the last pro xc race, YFZ was 1st and two ktm riders took 2nd and 3rd. If KTM had Bill Balance they might have taken the whole podium. I like the way my KTM feels over the YFZ but I've never been on a built YFZ. So if you count cost ....
YFZ - $6000 to $7000 (depends on if ya get good deal or not)
KTM $9000 to $9500

If you go with KTM you'll probably want to put another $2000 in it.

If you go with Yamaha you could put $5000 into it to get the same cost.

If your not a pro rider and don't require brand new machine then you could look at some used quads and you might find someone put $15000 in it and selling for $6000.

I Really like my KTM but I think it should been more race ready than it was. If you do go with KTM you'll find this site very helpful and there is plenty of people here to help ya trick it out to your hearts delight.
-Voodoo

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
dont wait too long, retail prices are going up over 10 grand for 09, i work at a dealer so that sh!t is definently for real
same here, but Canadian pricing is goin down!!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
For the XC? Why is the price going up? That would make me change my mind, and it seems like it would really discourage potential buyers.
The major reason is because dollar ($) is plumetting relative to the Euro (€) and KTM is an European brand.
€1 = $1.55 when in recent history was more like €1 = $1...bahh good old times...

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
The only downside is that you have to live in Canada.
JK
oh you are so dead at recess, on the bright side, you can race a 450 at 14 up here so HA lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts