KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple pictures of me pulling the holeshot at last weeks TQRA event at Cooperland. I'm in the 30+ class on my 505sx that I only put together the day before. The only mods are a FMF slip on that comes with the ready to race package, JD jetting kit and some bad smelling 92 octane pump gas. A couple of Sparks built Honda riders wanted to know who built my engine. They couldn't beleive it was stock and not even broke in yet, only .2 on my hour meter.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Awesome stuff man, you were way out in front, KTM FTW! :D

Btw that track looks amazing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rich man my holeshot i got was better lol good job on the win.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
poor uneducated honda riders

·
Registered
186 Posts
poor uneducated honda riders

hey rich looking good i am waiting on octane pics to post up pics and see if they got any of mine. normally i will have us our own personal photographer lol aka my gf but hey when do you think mine will be runnin again.. ya think i might be runnin for the north forty on the 28th or whatever ill see if i can give johnny and zach a run for their money on the ktm.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thats awesome dude nice work. This bike holeshots incredible. Ive holeshoted every race Ive had so far. At glenn Helen I pulled away from everyone handily in the open class i raced in. I mean handily.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thats awesome dude nice work. This bike holeshots incredible. Ive holeshoted every race Ive had so far. At glenn Helen I pulled away from everyone handily in the open class i raced in. I mean handily.

Blah blah blah, my 505 rips, blah blah blah! lol

jk, im jealous :)

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Yep, other racers are not seeing the big picture with the ktm. It's not only power that matters, its power/weight ratio and in that matter, KTM is unbeatable ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
wait a minute Rich,.... I thought my head was on your engine.....

It still is, isn't it? or was that the 08'?

·
Registered
134 Posts
He has it on the white 08, thats his new 505sx.

:) ~Jay
ahhh,.... I should have known,... rich is money man...

anybody that owns two KTMS is money...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you still have the white '08, or was that a trade for the 505SX? How was the 4-Werx at the sandbox? What kind of jetting changes did you do to the SX? Holeshot looked awesome, great job, gonna miss you up here.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, still have the Drg powered FourWerx 540xc. I'm thinking that's going to be my duner, almost too pretty to mx, although it certainly could be.

Dave, jetting changes were strictly what the instructions were in the JD kit. It was a touch fat on the main jet but otherwise great, I reccomend the kit for your 450sx. TrEw just put two kits in his 450's. (he's so fast he needed two!) When you need more power, just add a pipe, have Drg do the head and add a Cp piston. Chad you're gonna stay busy building building honda's to keep up with these Katooms! JK, you're awesome, you're probably gonna do my head anyway.....

I just realized I didn't finish my story, I got the holeshot in the second moto even though I missed my upshift to 3rd twice. I won both moto's and got the overall.

Like Brad says: Blah Blah Blah my 505 is awesome...Blah Blah Blah I love my new Ktm.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
congrads on your wins... thats awesome...

staying busy is fine with me; either hoindas or ktms is all i'm interested in working now...

stay kewl!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts