KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 525 and I am going to get a new pipe. What one makes the most power? Do I realy need the header. The stock header looks like it flows prety good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my HMF slip on and its awsome!! You dont need to get a head pipe it only make 1 more horse opposed to the slip on!! Sounds awsome too!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw an article in atv action magazine. They dynoed the fmf with the power bomb head pipe. It only made 2.5 hp. The hmf website said they dynoed there slip on and made 5.6 hp. I dont know why there is such a big difference it the two pipes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yea i'm sure i would put the dyno info that said what everyone wants to here on my website if i was trying to sell my products too. Look at what the pro's are using that will pretty much tell the other side of the story. If you look at most KTM team riders you'll see FMF!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I agree Patrick what I see a lot of Dyno'ers do is lower the stock dyno test baseline to make their product look like it makes more Hp...IE if the stock baseline is 53hp and then with the FMF pipe it dynos at 55.5hp it's 2.5 gain...If HMF dynos a stocker and shows 50hp then dynos with their pipe and gets 55.6hp then they show a 5.6hp gain when all the time they are basically equal...saw this on a lot of the Polaris RZR dyno test from several pipe manufacturers...its a numbers gain
I do like HMF pipes and FMF also...but different dyno'ers will try and "pee on your leg and tell you it is rain" to sell their product....

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I bought the full system HMF. Mike with HNF said they would pull a dyno with the full system, but he was sure it would pull 1-2hp. he said keep checking back on their forum and they would update soon. No plans in the near future for a Carbon Fiber Canister for the KTM. He is sending me a 45 Pilot Jet also for $8...

·
Registered
56 Posts
No matter what the numbers add up to, HMF makes better quality parts than FMF.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts