KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was on ebay and saw the full system is available. Looks like its only the sport system but thats still cool. I think I saw a price of under $450. Hmf pipes have a nice 3 step design and they make great power. Ive tested it on the kawi450 and ltr450 and it made excellent power on both machines. Up there in the top 3 pipes for power for sure. Also available with quiet core. Has anyone purchased one? Id like to test one if someone has one or is willing to buy one. I would if I didnt just buy a dasa. I plan on testing the dasa for sure and Im looking for a few others to test. The hmf is the first full system Ive seen. What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well got my full system today and I love it. Looks and sounds SICK> I cant wait to dyno it. Im guessing its gonna make about 3whp peak and killer bottom end power and torque. I got the upgraded black can, black turndown(I hate the euro tip), and quiet core. Quiet core is a nice piece. The headpipe starts 1/8 smaller than stock and were it goes into the can its 1/8 bigger and the can steps up another time at the inlet and again 4inches in the can. So i bet its gonna be big bottom and mid. Here are a few pics and a sound clip.

These pics show the cool angle they put on it. Same as the ct and dasa system. I like it alot.

This shows the major restriction in the stock headpipe. Ouch.

This is a little clip for you guys. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That little kink in the stocker is kinda weird... Is the frame really close there or something? Can the HMF header inner change with the stock, they LOOK about the same fitment? It looks REALLY similar to the Dasa!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
the demple/kink is there to keep heat off the rear shock, I used header wrap on mine in that area when I replaced the stock stuff with my HMF, I think we'll do the same to Drivers (if he wants to)

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Can the HMF header inner change with the stock, they LOOK about the same fitment? It looks REALLY similar to the Dasa!

Brad if you look at the first photo, assuming both pipes use the same top mount, the HMF header is longer, question is could it be cut shorter to work on the stocker.

The Akro has a slip in spacer to match the stock header, the akro header is larger at the pipe junction..... I'd like to see if the HMF front pipe would fit / adapt cause the Akro header is out of the question price wise and according to KTM thats where the low end - mid range gains are made............

BTW top work guys, with the HMF Q core any idea of the sound output ??

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Anthony said it starts off 1/8 small and ends up a 1/4 inch larger. Correct me if Im wrong 311. I think I may try and remove that dimple and see if that yields anything. Maybe see if ther is a way to make a HMF header work with stock can like Kiwi said!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anthony said it starts off 1/8 small and ends up a 1/4 inch larger. Correct me if Im wrong 311. I think I may try and remove that dimple and see if that yields anything. Maybe see if ther is a way to make a HMF header work with stock can like Kiwi said!
I dont think the hmf system will work with the stock can. The pipe is way bigger. It starts 1/8 smaller outa the head and then steps up once past the first mount and again at the can. At this point its 1/8th bigger than stock. Then once again it steps up about 4inches into the can about another 1/16 of an inch. So a good size bigger than stock.

Im positive the gains will be great across the board. Right off idle, big bottom end torque and hp. We will find out next week.

·
Registered
769 Posts
When we dyno'd the HMF, Drivers bike had such a big bog we didn't want to post the stuff, now that we have the carb dialed in, we'll head back and get some good info, sometimes things just don't work out as planned, but you guys are lucky that Anthony and I are pig headed and refuse to give up...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill give you a clue though. It makes around 3whp peak and power across the board including awesome bottom end torque and hp. And its staying on my bike. Makes more bottom and mid than dasa and thats what matter to me.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I'll check the Akro, the mffler inlet is larger than the stock header and it has a slip in spacer to take up the gap, this tells me the Akro header is larger at the tail end than the stocker also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks bro! Keep it up! I for one think it's awsome your all the work you put into these quads. You save people so much time and money to find out how they want to set up there own quads. Im glad the shocks are working out for you too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts