KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to buy hipers, but need and advise on size and offset for xc racing.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
4+1 front
3+5 rear

size is more a personal preference imho. obviously it will be a 10x5 front and the rear could be a 9x8, 9x9, 10x9 or 10x10. i think the 8x8 makes for too much tire...

my favorite rear is a 10x10, right now i am using a 9x8 rear...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read somewhere that stock front for douglas yellow is 3 1/2 and 1 1/2?? ao will 4+1 stick out a little more?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is 4+1 more narrow than stock?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rap,
so 4+1 front, what would you do on rear, stock??

Just trying to get her dialed in

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
4+1 front would be fine, i have stock on mine, but the 9x9's would be fine also, it won't be enough for you to notice. but i cut my rear spacers in half to give the bike a wider rear for better handling. this is a tip rocket ron gave me. you guys should give him a call and pick his brain.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4+1 front would be fine, i have stock on mine, but the 9x9's would be fine also, it won't be enough for you to notice. but i cut my rear spacers in half to give the bike a wider rear for better handling. this is a tip rocket ron gave me. you guys should give him a call and pick his brain.

I will e-mail him. I want him to lower, set susupension and jet carb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.