KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to workin on bikes and especially KTM's but I know the basics of how an engine works
anyway
I just bought a 2009 KTM 450SX-F for cheap that wasn't running because of needing a starter, so I replaced the starter and put a new battery in it and now I have found that I don't have spark from the coil, I used my test light and I am getting a ground through the blue and white wire going to the coil when cranking and then the black and 2 brown wires are ground.. Is that right or should I be getting power from the blue and white wire? I am not great with wiring but I feel like I should have some type of power actually going to the coil when cranking so then I will get spark to the spark plug
Any advice or what could be the problem would really be appreciated, I would really like to be able to start riding it while it is nice out

·
Registered
574 Posts
Look into resetting your throttle positioning sensor on your carb. Or just get a dirt bike cdi from 2008-2009. It’s a simple plug and play and mounts exactly the same. The dirt bike cdi eliminates the throttle positioning sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look into resetting your throttle positioning sensor on your carb. Or just get a dirt bike cdi from 2008-2009. It’s a simple plug and play and mounts exactly the same. The dirt bike cdi eliminates the throttle positioning sensor
It is a dirt bike? so I assumed it has the dirt bike cdi? But I do know it has the throttle position sensors, so how do you reset them?

·
Registered
574 Posts
It is a dirt bike? so I assumed it has the dirt bike cdi? But I do know it has the throttle position sensors, so how do you reset them?
Oh nevermind then. On the quads they had a throttle sensor that wouldn’t allow spark if throttle was no fully closed when you turned on the key I believe. So the fox was to switch out to a dirt bike cdi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts