KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!
i'm from Brazil,and i used to ride a YFZ450..now i'm looking for buying a ktm 525 ( it's the only ktm we have in brazil)..but i only ride on MX tracks and sometimes some XC and Baja..
does it worth for MX?and i need to do any improvements?like suspensions,steering steem,or motor?which ones?

could this one be the perfect MX quad?

sorry about my English

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most everything has been covered. If you read through past topics I'm sure you'll find all your answers. The Quad just needs few mods here and there but you can race it as is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most everything has been covered. If you read through past topics I'm sure you'll find all your answers. The Quad just needs few mods here and there but you can race it as is.
I know man..but i tought there were different answers...an opinion like " is f***ing awesome!" isn't the same as looking for an answer for each part of the atv..

but i aprecciated a lot your help!=]

thanks!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
For MX I have:

+2 a arms using origional shock position.
Precission stabiliser.
18" rear & 20" front tires.
Flexx bars.
Dialed in the standard ohlins shocks front & rear.
Full nerfs.

Could not be happier. f***ing awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For MX I have:

+2 a arms using origional shock position.
Precission stabiliser.
18" rear & 20" front tires.
Flexx bars.
Dialed in the standard ohlins shocks front & rear.
Full nerfs.

Could not be happier. f***ing awesome!
these +2 a arms are those from ktm website?
and wich mmods the standard shocks needs?
cause we don't have enough structure here in Brazil=/

thankss man!
aprecciated a lot

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Here's a link to my a-arms from atv racing. http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...p?showtopic=632

I haven't modded the shocks at all.
Just played with the rebound & compression.
On the front I sped the compression up 3 clicks (anti clockwise)
On the rear I sped up the compression by 4 clicks (anti clockwise) & slowed the rebound by 4 clicks (clockwise looking up from under the quad).
I weigh 98kg fully dressed.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a link to my a-arms from atv racing. http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...p?showtopic=632

I haven't modded the shocks at all.
Just played with the rebound & compression.
On the front I sped the compression up 3 clicks (anti clockwise)
On the rear I sped up the compression by 4 clicks (anti clockwise) & slowed the rebound by 4 clicks (clockwise looking up from under the quad).
I weigh 98kg fully dressed.

Hope this helps a bit.
really the shocks don't need any mods?
man,you helped a lot,really!
now i've already decided,now i'm just waiting for contact my dealer

just one thing..
do you think that i'm gonna have any problem about buying an 525 and not a 450,looking forward using only in MX tracks?
does it worth,or should i look for a 450?
and those a-arms from ktm,should i buy it?

thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
450 or 525 is a personal thing.
I don't know what your classes allow over there either. Probably should check before you order a bike.

I have read a lot about the work that people are doing to their shocks, but I have left mine standard & just adjusted the settings as I detailed. I ride cross country, dunes & MX with no worries.

The +2 a arms made a big difference. the bike is so much more stable & by staying with the standard shock position the front is a lot plusher.Call Kevin at ATV Racing & talk to him about the a arms they make. I am very happy with the arms & the service. You will also need longer brake lines if you do the a arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts