KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 450 with a CT racing full system , Jd kit with a 175, 42, red needle 4th position, Ran great at on the dyno and during about 15 laps . Then after taking a a short break it wouldnt start and smelled like it was flooded. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got a 450 with a CT racing full system , Jd kit with a 175, 42, red needle 4th position, Ran great at on the dyno and during about 15 laps . Then after taking a a short break it wouldnt start and smelled like it was flooded. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Check TPS switch on left side of carb. Loosen it and try starting while rotating it slowly. If thats the problem, when it fires, just tighten it back up and should be good. I've had mine come loose a few times.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check TPS switch on left side of carb. Loosen it and try starting while rotating it slowly. If thats the problem, when it fires, just tighten it back up and should be good. I've had mine come loose a few times.
Not sure what it even looks like. Is it a screw like a phillips or what? Maybe someone has a pic?
Sorry, but I do appretiate the help!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what it even looks like. Is it a screw like a phillips or what? Maybe someone has a pic?
Sorry, but I do appretiate the help!
THANKS!! That was it! KTM marks it and it was off by a mm or two! Must have shaken loose or something, now I know the "signs" if it ever happens again!

Thanks Stryker1513!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
THANKS!! That was it! KTM marks it and it was off by a mm or two! Must have shaken loose or something, now I know the "signs" if it ever happens again!

Thanks Stryker1513!!!

No problem, i had the same trouble. Its it gets off by even a hair, it wont start. So i've gotten into the habbit of loosening it and readjusting after every race.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem, i had the same trouble. Its it gets off by even a hair, it wont start. So i've gotten into the habbit of loosening it and readjusting after every race.
I think thats a good idea! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks Stryker1513!!!
Hi would you still have a picture of the where the tps is. I am confounded on not being able to start the quad so looking through the post to see if i can find the answer. thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi would you still have a picture of the where the tps is. I am confounded on not being able to start the quad so looking through the post to see if i can find the answer. thanks
I do not presently have a pic, but its on the left side of the carb (if your sitting on the quad). Its black and has 1 philips head screw holding it on. There usually is a green mark on it marking the correct setting. But i wouldn't go by that.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not presently have a pic, but its on the left side of the carb (if your sitting on the quad). Its black and has 1 philips head screw holding it on. There usually is a green mark on it marking the correct setting. But i wouldn't go by that.
Thats correct, and the painted mark is pretty close. I will try and get a pic up as soon as I can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts