KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting some hand guards but im looking at the powermadd ones or the cycra pro bends, im running stock bars right now but im waiting on the flexx bars to come in. any ideas on what guards to get? also looking for some of the elphant ears too if you guys understand, for muddy harecrambles.
thanks for any help

·
Registered
52 Posts
the cyrca's are a little nicer but when you switch up to the flex bars you need to buy BRP flex bar adapters(there about $50). If you choose the powermadd they fit on the bars and if you ride when it is really wet or muddy you can add the gauntlet guards(the larger neopreme ones a lot of the pro's use). You will not be able to run those with the cyrca's.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Im looking at getting some hand guards but im looking at the powermadd ones or the cycra pro bends, im running stock bars right now but im waiting on the flexx bars to come in. any ideas on what guards to get? also looking for some of the elphant ears too if you guys understand, for muddy harecrambles.
thanks for any help
Def need the BRP adapter. I did some mods to mine because i also use the wrap-arounds. Ill get some pics up. I use the powermadds. and no complaints.

·
Registered
92 Posts
FLEXX bars with BRP CYCRA kit:

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the cyrca's are a little nicer but when you switch up to the flex bars you need to buy BRP flex bar adapters(there about ). If you choose the powermadd they fit on the bars and if you ride when it is really wet or muddy you can add the gauntlet guards(the larger neopreme ones a lot of the pro's use). You will not be able to run those with the cyrca's.

thanks for all the info guys. so i go with the cycra's then i cant run the gauntlet huards too then? i didnt think the powermadd ones hooked on the end as well though? seemed a little flimsy to me

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've got the Powermadd setup you're talking about with the full wraps on my Flexx bars. I've also got a set of Moose type elephant ears if you want me to get some pics for you so you can see how it all comes together.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got the Powermadd setup you're talking about with the full wraps on my Flexx bars. I've also got a set of Moose type elephant ears if you want me to get some pics for you so you can see how it all comes together.
I would like to see this set up.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
how do you like that rebound kit on your fast flexx bars?

·
Registered
592 Posts
how do you like that rebound kit on your fast flexx bars?
I haven't rode with them yet, I just bolted the extra elastomers on the other day. I'm still waiting on a few parts from ktm-parts.com. I'll let you know how they work when I ride next weekend (pending parts).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice~ thanks!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I can't believe the powermadds have a metal bracket on the side, but there is nothing but plastic in front of where your hand goes!!!!
The CYRA's are massive aluminum bars!

·
Registered
112 Posts
what throttle is that? looks in further than stock, and i like the sounds of that

·
Registered
73 Posts
i didnt think the powermadd wrap arounds were metal. I thought they were like a black polymer material or just plain old plastic....could be wrong. I use the cycras and they are awesome. Fit nice, and u could take down a tree with them if you wanted

·
Registered
592 Posts
It's an 07 Honda 450r throttle with a Modquad billet extended lever, I also removed the return spring inside the throttle and had the $35 Baldwin carb mod...works great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts