KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at local riding park this morning and had a nasty wreck. I refused to wait an hour on the volunteer fire department and decided to drive 1-1/2 hours back to Dallas. I spent 8 hours in the ER to make my father's day just wonderful. The impact was so bad that it knocked me out cold and tore my helmet off my head. The two guys I was riding with helped me get back to my truck as well as loaded everything up.

I am home now and trying to rest. They initially thought my hip was broken but x-rays & CT confirmed it wasn't. They said that I may have cartilidge and/or ligament damage in my hip but they wont know for sure until the swelling goes down. I am on crutches and have cuts & strawberry's all over my face and arms.

As for the katoom, it is pretty jacked up. The front bumper is broken as well both upper a-arms. the grab bar and lower front fender brackets are bent.

On side note it ran awesome, pulled hard as shit. attached are some pics my wife took of me with her phone while at the er...

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hope ya get better, to bad this had to happen before your dune trip. I was really looking forward to seeing how it dragged. BTW ... that is some damn good pics from a camera "phone".

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hope you have got all of the freestyling out of your system before we get to the dunes! Glad your OK Bronson...I have wrecked many times and some worse than others...what I really like about offroad and sand dune riding is you will walk away from it more than likely...I have had two friends killed on Street Bikes in the last 3 months...thats why I don't ride street...
Well just great...I was all worried about staying up with you at the dunes...and now I may have to stop and wait...
...just kidding hope you heal well and soon...we'll keep you in our prayers...now your wife has "Triplets"...let me know if I can help...we are just a phone call away...still waiting on Wiseco and the 12.5:1 piston for my build....glad to hear your quad ran great...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Hope you heal up soon.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Glad your OK. Get well soon!

·
Registered
236 Posts
sorry tohear this man. maybe if i woulda showed up out there i coulda steered you in a safe direction. get well . let me know if i can do anything for ya

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Hope you get feeling well.
I can help you with the parts, I have them all take offs.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the support as i really do appreciate it. this is by far my worse wreck ever and I have been riding quads since 1984. i think it was just a freak accident as i wasnt riding out of control or going too fast. based on talking to the two guys (Ryan & David) who were riding behind me; i was thrown off the quad, it cart wheeled twice, hitting me and knocking my helmet off... i was wearing a helmet cam but evidentally it ran out of batteries like 30 seconds before the wreck occured. sucks because i really wanted to know exactly what happend...

i was riding in a very familiar area on the south side near the red bull barn. heck i remember riding near that barn back in the early 80's on my first quad which was a 84 suzuki lt-50; before red bull was even a dream. i dont think energy drinks existed back then.

as for parts i think everything is covered... a huge and very special thanks goes out to TrEw (Jay of FourWerx Motorsports) for helping me get it all togther. also thanks to black dallas for getting me squared away on a grab bar. it may be a few days before i feel good enough to even work on it . so i may find a few other things that are broken when i actually get to take it apart.

i am not sure as to when i will be able to ride again as my hip is pretty jacked up. it is numb to the touch and hurts like no tomorrow. while in the ER i had 2 CT's and 18 different x-rays all confirming no broken bones, thank goodness! i do have an appointment on thursday to have a MRI of my hip to see what exactly is going on. hopefully it is nothing serious. the ER doctor thinks I might have dis-located my hip during the accident. evidentally part of my serious pain could be from the cartlidge & tendons that stretched around the femur when it dis-located/re-located...

all i know is that my hip hurts like no other pain i have ever experinced... i am no stranger to pain either, having broken numerous bones before including a compound arm fracture! honestly it doesnt feel like the pain or sensation that you get with a broken bone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bronson,

You the man. I don't care what they say, if you don't wreck you're not riding hard!!! Good luck, now you have time to hang and put family time in the bank!!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bronson,

You the man. I don't care what they say, if you don't wreck you're not riding hard!!! Good luck, now you have time to hang and put family time in the bank!!

I agree and disagree. I have tumped over & fallen off, etc numerous times. So minor stuff is okay, but this wreck was quite serious. I am lucky to be here today...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts