KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep dad and I are going. He'll be in the SUPER old man class and i'll be in the 24+C.

I'm glad that its raining a little, this will keep the dust down in the feilds.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will be there also. I'm #728. Planning on running 20+C this season as this is only my second GNCC. Hope to move up to B next year, mostly because a lot of the other guys in C don't seem to understand how not to cause HUGE bottlenecks. But maybe Morganton was just an oddball. Hope the KTM is feeling like itself again. It behaved funny before the race and gave me a crappy holeshot, which is VERY unlike me. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait! The Can-Am demo rides should be fun too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's funny, My first race on this bike was last weekend. It was a mudfest, but I got the holeshot easily. My first ever in a sanctioned race! B) It felt real good, can't wait to see if I can mimic that success this weekend.

Bottlenecks happen in all classes. I didn't race morganton this year, but I know that there are usually some way tighter sections at big Buck that will clog. Some of them there's nothing to do slap surrounded by trees. :angry:

That just means that when it finally breaks through, there are a whole lot of spots to be had right ahead of you!! :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've got probably a 70% holeshot rate with mine. Z-Start Pro helps a lot. What pissed me off was when at morganton, some idiot on a Z-400 got turned sideways on the muddy slope after the pond-crossing. Then I look behind me an it's immediately stacked with riders, so we all got to wait while the moron got unstuck, in the mean-time, some 40-60 riders probably went by on the other line that they smashed through the trees. For the rest of the race everyone took that line, it just sucked royally to be part of the reason that line had to be created, especially considering that I'm a fairly experienced rider (run upper-mid pack 'intermediate' class in the SOCC outlaw races) and I didn't have any trouble anywhere on the course. It's just upsetting to finish 10th through no fault of your own. (after that whole mess I came through scoring in 16th. managed to make it back to 10th but that was all I could manage. Hope SC is better that's all...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well came we saw and we failed, Night before the race I installed new front brakes and swaped the rear tires around so she had a better edge on the tires. Well I did not get the lugs nuts tight enough and the left rear wheel fell off on the second lap, tore the rim and hub up and cost her the race. She was leading her class and doing very well in the overall when it happened. She has not fired me yet but she will not let me forget it any time soon either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well came we saw and we failed, Night before the race I installed new front brakes and swaped the rear tires around so she had a better edge on the tires. Well I did not get the lugs nuts tight enough and the left rear wheel fell off on the second lap, tore the rim and hub up and cost her the race. She was leading her class and doing very well in the overall when it happened. She has not fired me yet but she will not let me forget it any time soon either.
Thats not good Mike we might have to get Jenn a new mechanic!!!!!! Jk hope everything else went ok (the ride home truck lugnuts tight?) :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts