KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone we are headed to Glamis Oct 15-17. We will be setup around Wash 3- Wash 4 back off of wash road. You are all welcome to stop by...if not we'll see you at Olds, Hill 3, China Wall...stop and say hello...

RZR with Rear Seat - Orange KTM 525 Quad

Cole

·
Registered
195 Posts
I might be inclined to stay a couple of 4 days over from Columbus day...as it gets closer I'll PM you my cell phone and see if we can hook up for some duning...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure SJ I'll send you a PM with mine...I am going to call some friends from SD also...

You ain't having fun at Glamis until you got sand in your underwear....

I am bringing plenty of Powdered Monkey Butt or is that Monkey Butt Powder?...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I kinda favor the shower in my toy hauler...

I'll have to pass on the monkey butt...tempting though...

I think we are going to try to make the trip, or at least part of it. We are in a 26' Attitude toy hauler with a 525XC, YFZ 450 and an 14 mo old Bully (Gunny). This will be our 1st trip to Glamis as we have always gone to Gordons Well. Hopefully we will see you all there.

s/f
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Hi everyone we are headed to Glamis Oct 15-17. We will be setup around Wash 3- Wash 4 back off of wash road. You are all welcome to stop by...if not we'll see you at Olds, Hill 3, China Wall...stop and say hello...

RZR with Rear Seat - Orange KTM 525 Quad

Cole

too bad you dont have room to take my 600 out there with you and compare it to your 570 on the hill...

after what i saw the last time out with you on the dunes, i think you would be untouchable on my 600!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
too bad you dont have room to take my 600 out there with you and compare it to your 570 on the hill...

after what i saw the last time out with you on the dunes, i think you would be untouchable on my 600!
Very true Bronson...if we put those 21" 8 paddle Haulers on ypur 600 and IF we could keep the front end somewhere close to the ground! I don't think anything out there would touch it including some of the drag bikes...it sure would be fun to see the look on their faces!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi all:
I will have the shocking new Ohlins Dune front end design from Rocket Ron installed on my Quad! It is a must see. I will not post the pics until after the trip so those that are there have the first oppertunity to get a vissual of it and place their order before the season actually starts. It will be awesome boys lets go duning!!!

s/f
Brian

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't wait Pops!... I hit him up about triple rates on the front and he says it's doable so I am going to try it...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can't wait Pops!... I hit him up about triple rates on the front and he says it's doable so I am going to try it...
If you are going to be at Glamis please come by and say hello! I will be in a 26' Attitude pulled by a big Arizona Beige Ford 1 ton 4WD truck with my lady on her YFZ and our Bully "Gunny"

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are going to be at Glamis please come by and say hello! I will be in a 26' Attitude pulled by a big Arizona Beige Ford 1 ton 4WD truck with my lady on her YFZ and our Bully "Gunny"
Where are you all going to stay? In the Flats or Wash Road?

·
Registered
500 Posts
We've never been to Glamis, so I have no clue where any of this is! We have always gone to Gordons well! They are both part of the Imperial dunes recreation area just a different location of them. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

s/f
Brian

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We've never been to Glamis, so I have no clue where any of this is! We have always gone to Gordons well! They are both part of the Imperial dunes recreation area just a different location of them. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

s/f
Brian
Brian I would guess your best bet is go to Brawley from ? (Your home)...hit Cal Hwy 78 East and you'll see the sign for Gecko Road...first...then if you want to stay in the Flats about another 8-10 miles East on Hwy 78...you'll see Glamis Beach Store and also Vendors Row in the Flats on your right...just past Glamis Beach Store is Wash Road it runs parallel with the RailRaod Tracks and it is on the West Side of the Tracks so you turn just before you cross the tracks...as you come down Wash Road look to your left on the culverts passing under the RailRaod Tracks you'll see each drainage culvert is marked with a Number...hence Wash 1, Wash 2, Wash 3...and so on we will be around/between Wash 3-4 to the right...you'll see how easy it is to get in there and it is all flat and shallow sand except for the occassional small dune and deep sand...don't come in at night and you can navigate really easy (don't ask me how I know that!)...we can make the ride over to Roadrunner Loop easily and harass Jim...maybe get some free Junkie Fiber for showing up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (at minimum a cold beer)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Brian I would guess your best bet is go to Brawley from ? (Your home)...hit Cal Hwy 78 East and you'll see the sign for Gecko Road...first...then if you want to stay in the Flats about another 8-10 miles East on Hwy 78...you'll see Glamis Beach Store and also Vendors Row in the Flats on your right...just past Glamis Beach Store is Wash Road it runs parallel with the RailRaod Tracks and it is on the West Side of the Tracks so you turn just before you cross the tracks...as you come down Wash Road look to your left on the culverts passing under the RailRaod Tracks you'll see each drainage culvert is marked with a Number...hence Wash 1, Wash 2, Wash 3...and so on we will be around/between Wash 3-4 to the right...you'll see how easy it is to get in there and it is all flat and shallow sand except for the occassional small dune and deep sand...don't come in at night and you can navigate really easy (don't ask me how I know that!)...we can make the ride over to Roadrunner Loop easily and harass Jim...maybe get some free Junkie Fiber for showing up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (at minimum a cold beer)
OOOOOH!!! cold beer! cold beer! cold beer! On the eigth day God created? BEEEEEEEER then ice and hence Heaven was created!!! lol
I don't have to ask. Made the same mistake once myself, of all things picking up abandoned fire wood on the way out. :angry:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts