KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would put this out for some help. I want to get ready for the 09 xc race season and I need some more items on quad, but not sure what to do. ( Motor work etc. ) As of now I have a few things on my Quad.

1. FMF full System
2. Precision stabilizer
3. Power mad hand guards
4. 07 honda thumb throttle
5. Rocketron schock job.

So should I do some upgrades to the engine or get hypers, nerf bars. etc. So any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If your gonna do fmf only do slip on. The megabomb headpipe loses power. Ill be dynoing another one on an xc soon. Ill post those results

Id do 41mm carb and slip on. Rejet and you will love the new found power
Rest of the mods seem right. Ktm nerfs are cheap and work great. precision is a must on any bike. Get that first.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Driver311 The 5 items that I listed are the things i've done so far. And you keep busting my bubble on my FMF system. lol What I'm saying is, should i do engine work, or add on flexx bars, nerfs, hypers, front bumper and so on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do the flex bars, jd jet kit, hipers and tireballs are nice, so is the rekulse clutch. If you are going to be a C class racer you have more than enough motor already. Try to get your hands on some rath nerfs, or you are going to have to deal with busting pegs. Then start riding your ass off. (practice makes better).

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do the flex bars, jd jet kit, hipers and tireballs are nice, so is the rekulse clutch. If you are going to be a C class racer you have more than enough motor already. Try to get your hands on some rath nerfs, or you are going to have to deal with busting pegs. Then start riding your ass off. (practice makes better).
What he said. ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
LOL I see.

So Ill just keep my mouth shut>>>

nerfs and flexbars. jd jet kit inside a 41mm carb. The 41m carb will just make the bike run better all together.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I see.

So Ill just keep my mouth shut>>>

nerfs and flexbars. jd jet kit inside a 41mm carb. The 41m carb will just make the bike run better all together.
Thats cool. driver311. Thanks for the input. now I have 2 c if my tree out back has any money left on it from the christmas spending i did.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I have a Honda thumb throttle with the T&K bypass switch and a ROX keyplate. Package deal.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thought I would put this out for some help. I want to get ready for the 09 xc race season and I need some more items on quad, but not sure what to do. ( Motor work etc. ) As of now I have a few things on my Quad.

1. FMF full System
2. Precision stabilizer
3. Power mad hand guards
4. 07 honda thumb throttle
5. Rocketron schock job.

So should I do some upgrades to the engine or get hypers, nerf bars. etc. So any input would be great. Thanks
A pair of flex bars would be tits....i think there worth every penny.

Hipers are nice, but not essential

Motor work......depends on what class you race...... B or lower, stock will do super. I race A class and am putting in a 13:5:1 JE piston, 8/06 cam, and haveing the head ported. I hear that carb boring will help the top end....im not an expert tho so dont quote me.

Nerfs are a must for racing XC, i run proarmor and love them, i've also heard about pple with good luck with the KTM ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts