KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am sitting here up in the northwest waiting for the KTM's to get up here. I cant wait to get it! Im waiting for shoot outs on pipes in the next couple months from the magazines also so we can see some dyno numbers. So Jake how is your KTM treatin you over your LTR. I see a lot of familair faces/screen names from the LTRHQ:)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Well I am sitting here up in the northwest waiting for the KTM's to get up here. I cant wait to get it! Im waiting for shoot outs on pipes in the next couple months from the magazines also so we can see some dyno numbers. So Jake how is your KTM treatin you over your LTR. I see a lot of familair faces/screen names from the LTRHQ:)
What part of NW are ya talking about????

We have them in Northern CA.

·
Registered
568 Posts

i love it. the bike fits my riding style better. the power is a little stronger than my ltr with engine modifications. the only problem i have, is it pops on decellerations. it is probably a jetting issue. i will have it rejetted and get the carb spring mod done to it, maybe this week. the throttle has been replaced for a honda one, but is still a little stiff. i do miss the the fi of the ltr. that was awesome. i also have a small bog sometimes when the bike lands hard. maybe the jetting will fix that.

overall, i am very pleased with my bike. it is worth the 11,600. NO DOUBT. brad you won't be dissappointed.

by the way you racing nationals next year or itp quadcross? i remember your story.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in N Idaho

well, I have seen that 300 dollar fix for the carb that has that new jet screw and bowl and that is the hot ticket I guess. So is the throttle that bad on them stock?

I ended taking off this entire year from racing completely unfortunatly. So I need to take a step back and rebuild my racing . So Nationals arent in my cards next year... I will be at the Quadcross though for most of it, if not all. I hate living way up here in the NW. It hoses me in more than one way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might be a little far from you, but they have a few at Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The GF and I have wanting a break and Vancouver isnt too far... How much are they asking?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was there for a few minutes and I got them down to $10,800 otd for the 505sx. I'm not sure if that is a good price, but they wanted almost $12,600 for it with the tax, title, set-up and freight fees. After I sell my YFZ I will get them down more.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was that 10,800 if you financed with all set up and tax? Or was that cash sale? Because if that was everything financed I would totally go over there to get it! Our dealership here blows goats. They rape the unwilling every chance they get :unsure: Jsmall I still have a picture of your yellow ltr, that thing looked killer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was that 10,800 if you financed with all set up and tax? Or was that cash sale? Because if that was everything financed I would totally go over there to get it! Our dealership here blows goats. They rape the unwilling every chance they get :unsure: Jsmall I still have a picture of your yellow ltr, that thing looked killer!
That was the same price for cash or financing. I walked in there telling them that I wouldn't finance right now and before I could get out of there they were wanting me to finance the thing. I told them I would sell my YFZ and pay cash for the KTM. Oregon doesn't have sales tax when we buy in WA. Pro Caliber has a huge inventory, but I think they are just like any other dealership when it comes to pushy salesman.

Thanks for the compliments on my LTR...I wish I would have never sold that :eek:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YA sales peeps suck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
alot better then i figured, by just going in there and asking for a otd price i was quoted 11400, not too bad. id like to get it down a couple hundred but we will see, id be satisfied payin 11,400 for the quad.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice where do you live speed?

·
Registered
200 Posts
jake how much did u get ur ktm in CA...and does anyone know if ktm is easier to get the others like suzuki or yamaha

·
Registered
568 Posts
11600. and it's the same a suzuki or honda. i got my financing from the dealer through ge money bank.

·
Registered
568 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts