KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone up a tooth for more top speed? I feel like i run out of gear up top? If so, did it change small woods trails at all for you or are you still pretty good in the powerband.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Has anyone gone up a tooth for more top speed? I feel like i run out of gear up top? If so, did it change small woods trails at all for you or are you still pretty good in the powerband.
We are going to put a 15 tooth on my wifes to help keep from blowing the tires off in first gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ive gone up to 15 t front and down to 37 rear and it still wants more ...

·
Registered
579 Posts

Renthal makes a orange 36 tooth rear sprocket

·
Registered
26 Posts
So going up a tooth on the front sprocket and down a tooth on the rear will increase top speed and decrease acceleration? Do i have that rigth? i was thinking of gettin different sprockets to up the speed

·
Registered
650 Posts
So going up a tooth on the front sprocket and down a tooth on the rear will increase top speed and decrease acceleration? Do i have that rigth? i was thinking of gettin different sprockets to up the speed

i went +1 front and -1 back and it was too much gearing for a stock 450xc , i went down to +1 upfront and stock back . . now i have a full HMF exhausts and it hauls more than stock gearing

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
yup!

i'm up to a 15 tooth front, cant fit anything bigger then that, even a 15 is snug

i've been tossing around dropping a tooth in the rear but i might wait till this fall

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
14 is stock

Be VERY careful the damn sprocket bolt is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tight, and the bolt is soft as butter. Many break off, I broke mine last night! :(

·
Registered
650 Posts
14 is stock

Be VERY careful the damn sprocket bolt is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tight, and the bolt is soft as butter. Many break off, I broke mine last night! :(

the bolt has locktite on it , just heat it a lil bit to soften the locktite

·
Registered
207 Posts
14 is stock

Oh, I was SO sure that it was 15. I bought a new sprocket, chain etc. didn't think of what size the org was. So I'll se if theres any differens then.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
when they rebuilt my motor i had them throw the 15 on at my dealer

i noticed my gears were a little bit longer when i got it back but it wasn't a huge difference going up to a 15

·
Registered
66 Posts
The stock rear is 38, right? I am waiting on new 39, what does that do for me with stock front??? do i loose somthing or gain somthing??

Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
The stock rear is 38, right? I am waiting on new 39, what does that do for me with stock front??? do i loose somthing or gain somthing??

Thanks

lose top end , gain acceleration

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You'll go slower, but have more acceleration.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Thanks
I run 14(stock) front and 39 rear on my 450xc. I race WORCS and this gearing helps in all types of terrain. Also helps when exiting a corner. On the DYNO. It still hit 70 mph. Just barely though. I like this combo. But that's me. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts

:D
Could someone help me by sending me the link from Renthal's website for a 36 tooth rear sprocket. I am going to be running 15 up front and 36 in the back for flat track next year, but I looked everywhere amd could never manage to find a 36 tooth sprocket for my 525.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts