KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy had a bit of a misshap the other nite and I am now searching for an either aftermarket or stock gas tank for the 525xc. if you have any information on a used one, new one, or aftermarket one please let me know, will pay cash, paypal, check, whatever, need soon. He wants the stock size though, not sure how many gallons? not a desert racer tank that is oversized.

thanks, any information would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
222 Posts
my buddy had a bit of a misshap the other nite and I am now searching for an either aftermarket or stock gas tank for the 525xc. if you have any information on a used one, new one, or aftermarket one please let me know, will pay cash, paypal, check, whatever, need soon. He wants the stock size though, not sure how many gallons? not a desert racer tank that is oversized.

thanks, any information would be greatly appreciated...
You can get a IMS tank. holds 4.0 gallons. Cost is 243.00 Wow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
havent checked what the stock gas tank holds in gallons, is that an oversized tank. and are you saying wow like its high or low, cause not to shoot myself in the foot or anything but the stock gas tank replacement runs 545.00 and wont be available until january :) i checked this morning

·
Registered
222 Posts
havent checked what the stock gas tank holds in gallons, is that an oversized tank. and are you saying wow like its high or low, cause not to shoot myself in the foot or anything but the stock gas tank replacement runs 545.00 and wont be available until january :) i checked this morning
The stock gas tank holds 3.54 gallons. I've seen them in person and they dont look any bigger. I was thinking wow for the high price, but if your saying that the stock is 545.00 then, wow for low price. Hope that helped ya..

·
Registered
430 Posts
The stock gas tank holds 3.54 gallons. I've seen them in person and they dont look any bigger. I was thinking wow for the high price, but if your saying that the stock is 545.00 then, wow for low price. Hope that helped ya..

BigB is right, stock is 3.5 gal and is mad expensive. Go with IMS. You wont be disappointed, it doesn't look or feel to much bigger than stock

·
Registered
222 Posts
thanks for the help guys, just ordered the tank, that will get us back on the trail soon, and free shipping from ims as well thanks again.
Let us know what you think about it.. Big B

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
i have the ims tank and love it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigB is right, stock is 3.5 gal and is mad expensive. Go with IMS. You wont be disappointed, it doesn't look or feel to much bigger than stock

looks to be a perfect fit, will have the plastics on it afer dinner, ill post some pics hopefully tonite.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds good. Like 2 c the pictures..

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah i wanna see pics. almost ordered one, but dealer replace mine for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts