KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant even believe this. I smell gas coming from my 525 and see that it is dripping out of the gas tank. The front left hand side is leaking out of the shroud mounting hole. Of course I call the dealer and they tell me my quad is out of warranty. Has anyone else had this issue? I am thinking about replacing it with the IMS tank. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your dealer should take care of it. He needs to contact his rep. Ktm is aware of the well-nuts in the tanks striping out. My dealer replaced mine. Took about 2 weeks. Got a fully assembled tank. Cap, petcock, and shroud brackets. Some dealers are stubborn about calling KTM. Good luck because a stock tank is very pricey.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered the IMS tank. I will let you guys know how it goes. I will post pictures when i receive it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried to get mine warrantied through ktm midwest in valparaso Indiana and they only want to return your calls if you are going to spend $9500 on a new quad. (She called my friend back 3 times in 2 days)I called over 10 times got 1 call back Lorie said that she never heard of the problem, whould call the rep, and get back to me. Nothing for 2 weeks, I left 5 more messages and nothing. If you are for good service don't bother calling them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine did the same thing on the right side. Took it in fully prepared to raise some cain and they getting me a new one too. It was suppose to be here Dec 14, still waiting, but they gave me no problems. I would take it back and let them know your going send business else where, may help them change their mind.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did call my dealer and they said they would call KTM and see if they can get a new tank out of them. If they do I will just sell it for what I bought the IMS for. If they know they are having issues with the tanks they should have a recall and replace all of them.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received a call from my dealer today and KTM is going to send me a new tank. I should receive the IMS tank tomorrow they tell me so I will be taking pictures of it installed. I will also have the brand new stock tank for sale when I get it.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got home early this morning and put the new IMS tank in. It fits great. I opted for the natural so that I could see my fuel level. It doesnt look bad if I say so my self

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It fits like a glove. Very nice and easy installation.

·
Registered
112 Posts
tower, looks good, i am still waiting for my tank. called last week and still no news.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sucks. My dealer said they ordered me a new tank as well but I am not going to hold my breath. Who knows when it will get here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i had the same problem more or less. the stock replacement is available until february 1st, and it costs 450 bucks. i bought the IMS tank and its awesome, cant even tell its afermarket accept for the gas cap, which is better IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts