KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the GPS below these people were the cheapest and best service...anyone have any experience with the Zumo on a bike? I am going to move it between our Polaris RZR and Excursion and then maybe onto the KTM when on trails in Arkansas...it has great mounting systems for bike and auto...the touch screen has large buttons for operation with gloves on so that is a plus...waterproof (3ft for 30 min)...screen designed to see in bright sunlight....I'll report back on it when I get it stuck on and a few uses into it...you could probably even figure out how far you are from a cabin in Oklahoma with it...

http://www.marksoutdoorgear.com/servlet/th...udio,gps/Detail
Rep gave me Free Shipping Code: MOG42308

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
very nice, i have a garmin gpsmap 60csx that i absolutely love... i dont ride without it, except for that once.

the "trackback" function has brought me back to camp more times than i care to say!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear that Bronson...I looked at the 60CSX also and to be honest I haven't ever had a lot of success with anything that is multi-use/purpose so if it is too cumbersome for the Quad I'll just use it in the Excursion and the RZR and get a 60CSX for the Quad...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Garmin Zumo 550 works like a champ me and my wife both have used the Pioneer AVIC-Z1, Chevrolet and Honda Navigation Systems. The Garmin Zumo 550 is tops for user friendly. Works great on our RZR. I will also have a setup for the quad for trail riding. It switches easily in/out of vehicle bracket which has the speaker on it for voice instructions. I will probably not use the Bluetooth or XM Radio and Weather on it. Really like the touch screen, the size, weight, and it hooks up to satellites inside my home easily. You can lock it with a PIN # or use a secret location that unlocks it automatically. I used it around home and on trails some. Tracked myself on the trails in Arkansas and then back tracked myself easily. Definitely recommend it as it locates anything from Starbucks to Lowes easily. I have ordered TOPO maps for Cal, Az, NM, TX, Okla, La, Ark, Col, Utah, Nev on 3 SD Cards. Will report back after I run with them, interested to see if they will denote the Kermit, Mescalero, LS, Coral Pink, and Glamis Dunes and what detail they will provide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.