48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at a pair of alpinestar tech 7's or the Gaerne fasback/G_react

looking at that price range of 300 bucks

any suggestions?

·
Registered
446 Posts
they are both good boots.. i would suggest going somwhere local and trying them both on to see what fits you best.. I love Gaerne's and will never switch.. they fit me well. and feel a lot more light on the feet.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Tech 7s are no good. Id suggest the gaerne for sure. If you were gonna go tech 8 or sg10 then it would be a closer decision. Gaerne would still be my choice. Ive owned both and prefer all around comfort, ease of use and reliability of the gaerne.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Tech 7s are no good. Id suggest the gaerne for sure. If you were gonna go tech 8 or sg10 then it would be a closer decision. Gaerne would still be my choice. Ive owned both and prefer all around comfort, ease of use and reliability of the gaerne.
Hate tech8's! seems like you have plaster on your feet...no flexibility at all. On the other side, SG10's are awesome :)
Gaerne or SIDI all the way!

·
Registered
272 Posts
On the other side, SG10's are awesome :) Gaerne or SIDI all the way!
Agreed, agreed. You must go to your local shop and physically try each boot you are considering because you can't buy just based on price, looks, or others' reviews.

My SG10's are awesome so I probably will never change. I also loved the SIDI Crossfires (perhaps even more than the Gaerne's) but couldn't justify spending $400+. I got my Gaerne's on sale at one of the local dealers for $275 ... what a deal!

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
i bought my sidi crossfire's off ebay, slightly used for $130, they are awesome boots.

I think they actually knocked a second or so off my laptimes due to being easier to move around in - Before them i had cheapy fixed ankle Forma boots that did the job when i started riding my predator just in fields and stuff about 5 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i had astars and hated them, tech 10s, that bootie bothered me so much, i switched to sidi crossfires and ive had an awesome experience with them, minus the back melting but thats the quad not the boots

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had astars and hated them, tech 10s, that bootie bothered me so much, i switched to sidi crossfires and ive had an awesome experience with them, minus the back melting but thats the quad not the boots
Where to get them cheap :)

Sidi Crossfire SRS Boots nr.47

·
Registered
472 Posts
i am looking at a pair of alpinestar tech 7's or the Gaerne fasback/G_react

looking at that price range of 300 bucks

any suggestions?
I just recently was introduced to Gaerne in person and I am thoroughly impressed. I would buy a 2009 or 2010 10 version of the Gaerne G10's for around $300 if it were me

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had the same pair of Gaerne SG10's since 2005. Believe it or not they still look good. A couple years of hard racing and a few years in storage and still feel great when you wear them/looking pretty decent. Would not buy another brand.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've had the same pair of Gaerne SG10's since 2005. Believe it or not they still look good. A couple years of hard racing and a few years in storage and still feel great when you wear them/looking pretty decent. Would not buy another brand.
My local stealership told me Gaerne boot will last 3 times longer then the Alpinestars. I do not know how much truth is in this, but the more I read, the more I find people who love their Gaerne's

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
2 of my friends went and bought gaerne's, one of them shattered his ankle and has 2 plates in him and the other fractured his saturday. im sticking to sidis

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tried on everything. Went with SG12's. So far, very happy. When it comes to boots. Don't go cheap. Quality costs.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I have had 2 pairs of tech 8's last year and they both were ripped out within 20 hours of use, the tech 7 i use to have were ok but not very comfy... bought a pair of sidi's at the end of the year and they are great! very comfortable and still in great shape.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just got a new set of Gaerne SG10's, 2011 models for $317 free shipping online. You can easily find them for this price if you look hard enough! This is th emost solid boot I have ever seen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have tech 10s, They are ok but wouldnt buy them again. Souls are about wore out. No real complaints just a bit to soft sole for me, I think I will get the sidi next round. They last me about 3 years before I think about getting a new set

·
Registered
643 Posts
I know this is a old thread, but your comparing apples to oranges. Gaerne and Sidi are both Italian made boots. Quality is high. Alpinestar is Taiwan or China. Yes........ I know most things are made in China/Taiwan,but once you wear a high quality boot as Gaerne or Sidi, you will forever ask yourself why you ever wore those POS Alpines.lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll bring this thread back again....I've been a firm Alpinestar user since around 1994. I've always sworn by them...Have owned all the way up to Tech 10's....just bought a pair of Gaerne SG10's for $290 at my local dealership and have rode with them 2 times so far. My Alpinestars are getting put in a box and stored in the rafters. I'm more than satisfied already. Best boot I've worn to date. I wish I would have switched a long time ago.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Gaerne and Sidi are both Italian made boots. Quality is high. Alpinestar is Taiwan or China.
Where are you getting your info that A-stars aren't made in Italy? My Tech 8's definitely have a tag in them that says made in Italy.

I have had 2 pairs of tech 8's last year and they both were ripped out within 20 hours of use
I have had two pair of Tech 8's and the first pair I purchased in '97 and the second pair I purchased in 2005. The only reason for the second pair was that I had completely worn out the first pair so I think that they lasted a pretty good amount of time. I am still on my second pair and they aren't nearly as comfortable as the first ones. The newer version doesn't seem as flexible and they have a vent, by my pinky toe, that hurts when I have to wear them for a long time. I also have a pair of RC AXO's and those are very uncomfortable compared to the A-stars. I too am looking to make the switch to Gearne or Sidi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts