1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Coming along just fine. Is it running right yet? What all is done to it exactly?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i raced it sunday.

It has fox fronts
precision pro stabilizer
Race Tech rear shock
Flexx bars
and some other stuff

motor has-
bored carb
port and polished head
Milled head also
Dasa full system
Moded air box.

·
Registered
60 Posts
how do you like the floats compared to the wp's?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
how do you like the floats compared to the wp's?

+2

How well did the power increase with the mods on the motor? You gonna be at Glen Helen!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I take it you mech. got the cams timed right?!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man the fox fronts are awesome their was a whoop section at this track and by far the ktm was goin thru the smoothest over any quad. Im getting another ktm and im rebuilding the wps i will let you know how that goes.

No im not goin to make it to glen helen.

Also the power was awesome for no more than i have done i pulled 2 of 4 holeshots in the pro-am classes.

Yes the cams were out of time and he machined 30,000ths of instead of .3mm but we found a guy that has been working on these motors for 10 years he was litteraly a genius and he said we can get around 62 pushing the limits and rebuilding them every 2 races. So if anyone wants some horsepower answers i can ask him so pm me if you need anything.

thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Man the fox fronts are awesome their was a whoop section at this track and by far the ktm was goin thru the smoothest over any quad. Im getting another ktm and im rebuilding the wps i will let you know how that goes.

No im not goin to make it to glen helen.

Also the power was awesome for no more than i have done i pulled 2 of 4 holeshots in the pro-am classes.

Yes the cams were out of time and he machined 30,000ths of instead of .3mm but we found a guy that has been working on these motors for 10 years he was litteraly a genius and he said we can get around 62 pushing the limits and rebuilding them every 2 races. So if anyone wants some horsepower answers i can ask him so pm me if you need anything.

thanks
Sweet! Sounds like you got one heck of a monster between your legs! lol

Now how about that rear shock, you had it rebuilt at Race Tech? Do they think they have the rear figured out?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea they said it should work way better than the fox rear.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What size on the carb? I think Im gonna have fast64ranchero hog mine out to 42 taper bore after I ride this weekend. Thinking I can get another 1whp 1ftlb. with just that. We will see.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sparks bored it to 43mm

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is there REALLY that much improvement in Carb boring?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Is there REALLY that much improvement in Carb boring?

yes there is killer gains to be had. you will sacrifice a little bottom to gain alot of topend. Ive dynoed going from 41 to 43mm on a 07 yami and a 08 honda. Both were standard bore mild builds. Both lost about .5-.75whp in the bottom and gained about 1-1.5whp in the mid and 1.5-2whp in the top end. Im ok with that. Not gonna see as big of gains on a bolt on bike only. Im gonna do 42-42.5mm. on mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Foxs are 18.60" eye to eye

1 - 20 of 20 Posts