KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just dropped off my 505sx for fitment for a full system. i should have it back next friday.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
LOL !!!! Is this how they are making up to you the garbage service they gave you for your dyno time? I hope so... Well! I cant wait for the results, you will have the 1st and only SX with a full system! I am waiting for basically you to figure out wich way I am going to go with pipes. FMF...or Dasa :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
LOL !!!! Is this how they are making up to you the garbage service they gave you for your dyno time? I hope so... Well! I cant wait for the results, you will have the 1st and only SX with a full system! I am waiting for basically you to figure out wich way I am going to go with pipes. FMF...or Dasa :D

Ill be posting results for sure. They are actually using Jakes bike for a templet for a production system. Im betting they are gonna make huge numbers. The stock headpipe is trash. I got my bike today and the header doenst even have one step. I cant believe ktm dropped the ball on that. The dirtbikes have steps. Oh well that just means room for more power. Im betting the dasa will add 4-5whp easy over stock.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I put the DASA slip on exhaust on my 505 SX and it tripled the power all the way through rpm range. So I would think the complete DASA exhaust would be awsome.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Got off the phone today with dasa. They are claiming the full system took Jakes bike from 52whp with uncorked stocker and dyno tires to 57whp. Lets only hope its something thats good. 5whp over uncorked stock exhaust!! His bike is running u4.2 also. So that makes sense. Adds about 2whp and mine made 50 stock with cork out and his made 52. I cant wait to test it. Ill test it as slip on and full system.

Jake when you pick it up make sure you ask for the adaptor so you can test it with slip on and full system. That way we can see the difference. Good times to come. Ill have a full hmf system on monday to. They are claiming 4whp outa their system over uncorked stocker. Game on!!!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I bet they dont get that much peak hp. I think if they build the header correctly it will have more mid hp and more torque and thats what the sx needs

We need a pipe like the one on my 450 in the picture. Thats a Sparks inner circle pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I bet they dont get that much peak hp. I think if they build the header correctly it will have more mid hp and more torque and thats what the sx needs
Im not holding my breath either, but dasa pipes are always super strong across the board. Benefit of a nice 4 step design and big core can.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Damn it I want a full system bad! Jakes went from 52-57 huh! Thats as much as my ATP motor that was 4300 bucks! lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
you guys are luck you get to have big power and a wide array of pipes.its hard to find a pipe that makes power and passes Oregon sound requirements

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i called today, and they said they will be making a jig and i will be able to pick it up on monday. i will post pics then.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice! Cant wait to see it and get your opinion on it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I want to know when they will be ready to buy. I want one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It sure would be nice if the exhaust alone would help out the power curve enough to provide the lower-to-mid-range power surge the SX needs. I really don't want to have to get into cams and pistons to adjust the curve. Hopefully their header design puts the torque where it needs to be.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
very nice, my bikes going to hindle to see what we can do for a pipe, i doubt itll be as nice as a dasa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts