KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just came back from the dealer and bought a bunch of stuff including an exhaust system but as i am looking at the part number im thinking the guy only ordered me the silencer but i asked for a full exhaust. the part number on my bill is 83005183000. also i paid $1100 for it im thinking i might cancel it and go get it elsewhere.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mate, I bought an akrapovic silencer and it cost me $920 in Australia in oz dollars so you have either got a real cheap full system or they are ripping you for the silencer.

The guys i got mine off said that a whole system for the 525 is about the $1600 dollar mark for the silencer and head pipe...

In saying that once you bolt it on you wont regret it, make sure you run a jet kit through it, get a hole saw and cut a 2" hole in the left side of the airbox when the cover is removed (put the cover back on in the wet though) and you will be laughing.

I got my quad set up with a 15 tooth front, standard rear, 20" tyres. I weigh 110kg and it is bouncing on the rev limiter in 5th..

they are deffinatly worth the coin..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to call my dealership and talk to the guy i bought my quad off of and see if he will give me a deal if not im going to cancel my order.

i have a header leak anyway

·
Registered
500 Posts
The header leak comes as a standard option
I just fixed my header leak with JB Weld. Have ran it a couple of times and no more de-cel poping!!! I'm very happy with the fix so far.

s/f
Brian

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well good news i guess, talked to my dealer and got the full system for $1800 Canadian rather than the 2200 they wanted and my dad got the same exhaust too for his KTM.

also would a 185 main jet be good enough for 2600 ft altitude? JD jetting kit of course

1 - 8 of 8 Posts