KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to the guy at fuelcustoms in Riverside Ca. He told me he baselined a 450sx yesterday and for shits and giggles threw an intake on it that he had sitting around. Obviosly didnt fit with seat on but wanted to see if he could get a gain. He was blown away that it picked up atleast 2whp acrosss the board. So now he needs a machine to fit one. Then he will sell them. So if anyone lives in Riverside area give him a call and tell him I sent ya. I told him I would find someone. 9095946082. I bet you get one outa the deal for free. Best part is no more crappy filter, the people that have lost a motor are saying its sand getting by the stock filter.

Go check his site out. He builds the absolute best intakes out there on the yami and honda. I know Ive tested them. Hands down best on yami450 for sure.

Who lives in the are?? Step up for us. LOL

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Yeah i was showing him a 450SX dyno on another forum and saw you there to. He said his 450SX made 40hp only a bit low...
Anyway that's great news for KTM guys if he makes that intake. His work quality is top notch :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I already talked to him and i told him he can use my bike after it is done at dasa.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
garrets a top guy, I've been using his intakes on the YFZ's since they came out day one.......

I'm stunned there was a 2 hp gain. Man I want to see what a SX505 will do now with an FCI on there, probably his Honda one is real close to being a bolt in.........

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So I am guessing that it will eliminate the stock intake system and use a Honda 400ex style filter?

Way to be on top of things Jake!

Kiwi- You must be a happy camper since Driver got his bike!~ lol

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i was showing him a 450SX dyno on another forum and saw you there to. He said his 450SX made 40hp only a bit low...
Anyway that's great news for KTM guys if he makes that intake. His work quality is top notch :)

Mine only did 42 so about right. Taking off that little screw out silencer makes all the difference. Game on as rocketron says. LOL 8whp peak and 17whp max at 9200.WOW

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id like to thank Jake personally for stepping up to help us out. I appreciate it and Garrett for offering to do this for us. He is gonna be sending them to me for some testing. Oh yeah!

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
hey Driver / Jakeltr

any further word from Garret at FCI on an intake kit for the KTM...... Hell I need one !!!

You guys done any more testing on the DS intake ?

Thanks

Kiwi

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Do you know if FCI wants to do one for the XC as well. I am 20 mins from Riverside.

·
Registered
568 Posts
my bike is there right now. he said yesterday, he should have a bracket for a clampon filter in two weeks and a full system in about 2 months.

·
Registered
148 Posts
any news on the Intake yet?

·
Registered
568 Posts
they are right now making the fiberglass tube for it. i will pick up my bike friday. he said the billet adapter would cost too much so he dropped that idea. he says the fiberglass tube will be made into a mold for a full intake system. he said about a month till he has a full finished sellable product.

it will be made in a bright orange plastic tube with a clamp-on filter. i will post pics when i get it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
is this only for the SX then? or will he be making one for the XC as well?

·
Registered
253 Posts
when i emailed Garrett at FCI about a intake for the XC he said it was a month an a half away and that was may 7th.

EDIT: Are the intake designs different from the XC to the SX? i would think they are very similiar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes guys we are hot on this. ZThere is very promising gans with this system. Thanks jake for letting us use your bike. I will post some preliminary results soon. so far we are better from 6000 rpms on by a hp. 1hp at peak with 4.5hp at the over rev. atleast another 800rpms of more power

1 - 20 of 145 Posts