KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 KTM 525XC, with Factory KTM 540 kit

Quad is in great shape, and has been meticulously maintained and stored inside it's whole life, as well as cleaned after every use. The reason I'm selling it is that I've moved and I don't have anywhere to ride it anymore. The quad has been sitting inside our heated shop since the spring of 2014, unused.

Quad has been set up to handle amazing and have lots of power yet still be completely reliable and practical, and still very trail friendly.

Here's the list of aftermarket parts/upgrades

Chassis:

- KTM OEM SX A-arms, fully camber/caster adjustable (actual 49.5" tire width)
- Hiper CF1R Carbon Beadlock rear wheels, 8"x8", with mud plugs
- Rear wheel spacers, they make the rear width 49 1/8"
- Goldspeed 20" front tires/18" rear tires, tires have lots of tread left
- KTM OEM SX seat (sits lower than the stock XC seat)
- Rath Racing Signature Series Nerf Bars, with "Monster Pegs"
- KTMBill Poly full coverage skidplate
- Lowered subframe (1 1/2" lower seat height compared to stock)
- KTM accessory front bumper
- KTMBill Battery Relocator Box (Mounts battery in fron of engine compared to under the rear plastic stock)
- Ballistic EVO 8 Cell Lithiom-Ion battery
- FAST Flex Handlebars
- KTM short clutch lever
- ODI lock-on grips
- Honda throttle lever (easier pull compared to stock, stock KTM throttle also included)
- Steering Stem has been updated with the 2009 upper steering post bracket with bearings installed, compared to the stock bracket with plastic bushings which was known to wear out
- Parks Offroad front "hood"
- Various parts have been powdercoated
- Front & Rear shocks (the stock Ohlin's shocks) have both been revalved for a 165 lb rider (Handles amazing), and have been regularly rebuilt each year
- Dual-Rate spring installed on rear shock (compared to the stock single-rate spring on rear shock)
-15/38 gearing, I have extra brand new KTM accessory aluminum rear sprockets of various sizes, as well as different size front sprocket included

ENGINE:

- Factory KTM 540cc kit (Piston & Cylinder)
- CP-Carillo 12.5:1 Compression Piston Kit (compared to stock 11:1 compression ratio, this is the next step up from stock and still fully reliable/trail safe, only requires 91 Octane fuel)
- KTM 833 Cam (Popular upgrade from stock)
- Carb bored to 41.0mm, by Bondi Engines (from 39.0mm stock, this is a popular upgrade also)
- Akropovic Full System Titanium exhaust ($1500 alone)
- Brand new air filter installed, 2 spare air filters also included, as well as two different sand/dirt pre-filters for over the airfilter

I installed a KTM hour meter on the quad at the same time I installed all the aftermarket engine parts (August 2013), and it only has 10.3 hours on it since then.

No expense has been spared on this quad, and I think the build list shows that. It's always been very well taken care of, including regular oil changes, and the air filter cleaned after every ride.

I'm asking $6000CAD/$4500US for the quad, and I have lots of spare parts/stock parts I will include with it. Please feel free to call, text, or email me with questions.
[email protected]
519-386-4153

Quad is in Sundridge, Ontario, but I'm willing to help out with delivery in Ontario, or even ship to the US at buyers expense.

Image-12.png.jpg Image-13.png.jpg Image-14.png.jpg Image-15.png.jpg Image-16.png.jpg Image-17.png.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Worth every penny! Nice build!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts