KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Sounds to me like you just need to get a hold of ktm and let them know about the problems your having, as a possible heads up for fixes on the 2010 model. The sx really hasnt had much time to have been worked over and have any problems rise to the surface. A full motocross season will definitely do it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My bearings just went out on my sx. Ive got about 10hrs on it. Im pissed. Im gonna contact my dealership tomorrow. This is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I wonder if they put cheaper bearings in this year to try to reduce the cost of the machine. Maybe need to replace them with ones for an XC, I never had any problems with those. Check part numbers and see if they are the same?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Does anyone know the price of parts to replace?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I wonder if its going to be better to just replace the whole bearing with one of the aftermarket units... 400 bucks hurts though

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It sound to me like if I want a quad that is always going to be breaking I want a KTM.

I know what your doing right now as you are reading ...LAUGHING :D I gotta admit, mine is holding together since the first time I sat on it! Lets just hope it stays that way

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
All of the front bearing and seals are the same part numbers as the XC.
Bearings are 6202-2RSH/C3, seals are BSL 22x40x7 NBR and BSL 28x52x7 NBR.
Even the hub is the same with the exception of the wheel studs.
Maybe you just got a dud batch.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So to the guys replacing the bearings I have a question. I pulled the carrier apart and the bearings look fine to me. What should I look for?? Do I need to replace the bearing, outer ring, and seal? The outer ring is almost pressed in there. Should I leave it?? I took it out and it seems to be fine to??? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have a fix Ill post here soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts