KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know kiwi did a setup for mx. But I was wondering what you xc guys are doing for the caster and camber adjustments? And what is the best was to set the toe?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Kiwi's post is right on the money, I only did one thing different, after setting camber at around 3.5, i just put both of my upper a arm spacers behind the arms to set the caster like the book said..I ran a national last weekend and it worked great..ended up 3rd on the first race of the year...in the old guys class anyways lol. It really turned nice in the tight stuff, was a little twitchy at higher speeds and sweeping corners, but I didn't have a stabalizer yet..still waiting on the stupid kit :angry: I would follow kiwis instructions on the caster setting because its more of a fine tune adjusting the rear heims of uper a arms than a drastic change.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
hey I'm glad it works for you. We used the same setup on the XC last season. A little twitchy is good, means your right on the money ! A damper will cure the slight wiggles and it's all grin city.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
hey I'm glad it works for you. We used the same setup on the XC last season. A little twitchy is good, means your right on the money ! A damper will cure the slight wiggles and it's all grin city.
On the money again Kiwi, ran another one today with the new dampner, all issues cured and had twice the energy left towards the end..was a pain, a lot of mud and creek bottoms but was a blast! Just sucked getting all the new shiny parts broke in the hard way..oh well time to tear down and clean, get ready for tomorrow..thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
On the money again Kiwi, ran another one today with the new dampner, all issues cured and had twice the energy left towards the end..was a pain, a lot of mud and creek bottoms but was a blast! Just sucked getting all the new shiny parts broke in the hard way..oh well time to tear down and clean, get ready for tomorrow..thanks for the help.
lol can one of u guys give me a link to that thread or ho do u set the camber?? i know how to set the toe.

thanks!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey man, I tuned my heims out 3 turns. it wants to push through the turns.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
flyn, turned them OUT ! you sure, you need to wind them into the a arm is where you need to be, top of the wheel leans towards the chassis.

did you reset your toe, if not you will have a mile of toe in which will make it push ?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
you guys need to check you front end toe every time you ride or race . this is a fast way to see it any thing is loose or bent

·
Registered
253 Posts
flyn, turned them OUT ! you sure, you need to wind them into the a arm is where you need to be, top of the wheel leans towards the chassis.

did you reset your toe, if not you will have a mile of toe in which will make it push ?

Kiwi, your right. I said that all wrong. They are leaned in at the top. are my shocks to soft..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my tops are 2 turns out, with both spacers behind, with a slight toe in. Turns awsome.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Kiwi, your right. I said that all wrong. They are leaned in at the top. are my shocks to soft..
Check your toe in first

Shocks: could be, if you have to much travel in the top cross over - short spring, things tend to nose dive in the turns with lots of roll. Ron will chip in here but you only want like 1/2" or thereabouts travel in that top short spring, you adjust the travel limiter, the threaded black plastic tube, up to limit the travel and there by the cross over to the main spring.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
very nice kiwi thats what i was going to say GAME ON

1 - 14 of 14 Posts