KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
so, when i bought my 450 (july 09) the dealer said than any recalls and bulletins shoulda been done at the factory...

do you think they were done by KTM (cause it is cheaper for them to do it) or do you think it still needs to be done?

any visible way to check easily?

Thx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
so, when i bought my 450 (july 09) the dealer said than any recalls and bulletins shoulda been done at the factory...

do you think they were done by KTM (cause it is cheaper for them to do it) or do you think it still needs to be done?

any visible way to check easily?

Thx

Yeah, you can check it at www.ktm.com under service section. Just put your VIN and delivery number and you should come up with a list of required recalls and also mod, repairs etc... done so far to your bike (but only via KTM) !

·
Registered
951 Posts
Do a search on here under brake recall and you will see pictures of the difference. The caliper bracket on the rear is huge compared to the original one. As for the front recall , it's just a spring in the master cylinder so it isn't visible. The recall included both though so if the rear is done, so is the front. Your dealer is full of shit because it's a RECALL. Almost everybody on here had theirs done either after they bought the bike or while it was at the dealer before they bought it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah, you can check it at www.ktm.com under service section. Just put your VIN and delivery number and you should come up with a list of required recalls and also mod, repairs etc... done so far to your bike (but only via KTM) !

i have the VIN, its on the paperwork, is the delivery number somewhere on the frame or what?

and yea, the dealer was full of shit, cause before i bought it they said they didnt know of any recalls or tsb's on the machine...

thats why im curious if its done or not.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This recall is old enough that anything coming out of the warehouse for a while now would've already been done. Amazing how quick people are to stick it to their dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
This recall is old enough that anything coming out of the warehouse for a while now would've already been done. Amazing how quick people are to stick it to their dealers.
X2
I picked mine up mid May and it had all the updates.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
the reason i am wondering is mainly cause it looks like my machine may have been on a dealers floor possibly, and i would rather have it done now, than find out a year from now when its WAYYY out of warranty that the brake mount breaks and the update wasnt done... rather avoid issues if possible. when i bought it the salesman didnt know of any recalls just said that they should have been done at the factory...

AND... Not trying to stick it to the dealer, the dealer would actually not be getting stuck at all, if they were to have to perform the service per bulletin, they would get paid to do so, paid for parts, and labor, and although some manufacturers do not pay posted shop labor rate, they still pay enough that shops should never loose on a warranty or recall service.

i tried to look up on ktm service site, and it requires the delivery number... seriously, i looked through my paperwork, and cant find any delivery number. is it shown somewhere else?

and i looked through the recall section, and cant find pics of the new vs old rear caliper brkt, if i could see what the new one looks like i would know if its done or not.

·
Registered
951 Posts
the reason i am wondering is mainly cause it looks like my machine may have been on a dealers floor possibly, and i would rather have it done now, than find out a year from now when its WAYYY out of warranty that the brake mount breaks and the update wasnt done... rather avoid issues if possible. when i bought it the salesman didnt know of any recalls just said that they should have been done at the factory...

AND... Not trying to stick it to the dealer, the dealer would actually not be getting stuck at all, if they were to have to perform the service per bulletin, they would get paid to do so, paid for parts, and labor, and although some manufacturers do not pay posted shop labor rate, they still pay enough that shops should never loose on a warranty or recall service.

i tried to look up on ktm service site, and it requires the delivery number... seriously, i looked through my paperwork, and cant find any delivery number. is it shown somewhere else?

and i looked through the recall section, and cant find pics of the new vs old rear caliper brkt, if i could see what the new one looks like i would know if its done or not.

Took some searching but I found it. Heres the link to the thread...

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...+bracket+update

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
THX :2thumbsup: ill go check when i stick my clean a/f on tonight.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts