KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a message today of a new bulletin from KTM. There's a recall on most 2008 and 2009 atv's(all models). They are replacing the rear brake caliper mount that attaches to the bearing carrier on the rear end. And on the front brakes they're replacing they return spring inside the front brake mastercylinder.

Letters will be going out soon, your dealer can check your VIN# online.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I read a message today of a new bulletin from KTM. There's a recall on most 2008 and 2009 atv's(all models). They are replacing the rear brake caliper mount that attaches to the bearing carrier on the rear end. And on the front brakes they're replacing they return spring inside the front brake mastercylinder.

Letters will be going out soon, your dealer can check your VIN# online.

Awesome, I just sent in a complaint to consumer reports after My rear caliper mount broke after the recall had already been done. I also complained about the front brakes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My dealer called me on Wednesday. He said the parts will be in next week.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
on the fronts the master cylinder is to small to supply fluid to 8 pistons make sure you keep your fronts bled after every race. when the pads are worn down the res is empty thus sucking air. also by bleeding them you keep the fluid fresh from boiling and moisture.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dealer I bought ours from said Ktm is making the dealer do the work on this. You can't do it yourself. Has anyone else been told this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I called my Dealer and gave him my VIN.
He ordered the kit and installed them yesterday.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great!!! My dealer is 3hrs away and my local dealer. ( Richwood powersports ) closed shop.The next closes is ( Plessingers up in ohio ) and they also closed shop. Now I get to figure what place is close to me. Got love the KTM.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
i am going to post pics of how i used the honda rear caliper assembly tommorow. ipicked mine up on ebay for 50.00 GAME ON. works great

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try Bluegrass Cycle Corral in Lexington,KY they have always took great care of me!!
Great!!! My dealer is 3hrs away and my local dealer. ( Richwood powersports ) closed shop.The next closes is ( Plessingers up in ohio ) and they also closed shop. Now I get to figure what place is close to me. Got love the KTM.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Bronson......LOL.... you'd be wiping dribble off it for weeks afterwards :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
got my letter in the mail concerning the recall yesterday, make a call today to find out more details. bronson after watching the drag video, i can't blame you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got mine today i may have to put mine on myself i have a race this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i brought my 525xc in england ,doe's any one know if ill be able to change it at ktm.ive had nothink but problems with the back brake since the day i got it,new hose cost me 140,and now i aint got no back brake.caliper broke into peices.magura r f..king wank

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow that brake caliper mount is thick and big if that breaks there is somthing wrong. Got the recall done today. Took them about an hour.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts