KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering in changing my exhaust for an FMF but I dont know wether to buy the powerbomb header or the megabomb. Please if you can help me by telling me the hp and torque differences between them it would be great! Thanksss

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've read on polarisproriders that a few guys dynoed the 525 rfs with different exhausts and headers and saw that with the mega bomb and the hmf I think was a .05 loss over the stock header and hmf comp. from what I understand the stock header flows just as good if not better than half the aftermarkets

·
Registered
769 Posts
Get a KTM Bill or HMF, both power bomb and Mega bomb, well bomb'd out when i dyno'd them, both lost power over the stock head pipe, the FMF slip on works though...

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
fast64ranchero it's gain torque/ loose 1 hp with megabomb Gain hp+torque with powerbomb.
Ranchero would know, he dyno'd a pile of pipes a while back. Not some one to 2nd guess. Do a search for xc pipe shoot out and educate yourself.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
ranchero would know, he dyno'd a pile of pipes a while back. Not some one to 2nd guess. Do a search for xc pipe shoot out and educate yourself.
. X2

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
be careful SX vs XC....... mega works on the SX (drivers test), doesn't work on the XC, powerbomb isn't worth the expense for the small gains IMO.

KTM Bills systems, both SX and XC kills the FMF stuff hands down...................KTM Bill's header is the real deal !

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
your point being what exactly ??? you have some real tech to share or just a blabbering git ?

yeah the FMF slip on is better than the choked stock muffler on the XC, just about anything is.

SX FMF , my testing it added maybe 1 hp.... allot of $$ for one measly HP........

Drivers testing on the SX can with a larger welded in end section added than plus for like $25.......

SX can as a slip on on the XC adds solid gains right through the rev range, good vlaue for money when you can pick one up for less than $100 and it looks stock to boot with build quality better than everything except the Akro.

there ya go, real world first hand tested tech..............

Reactions: reckless525xc

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Exactly Kiwi. Opinions don't really hold up to the real world and solidly based facts. This a101 seems to have an opinion about EVERYTHING! My OPINION is, he needs to start taking advice rather than giving it. There are a lot of sharp guys on here with tons of knowledge and experience. The more we listen, the more we learn, for the most part.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Opinions and facts are different things. But disagreeing with the facts is a bad opinion. Siding with who's right with proven tech is a given.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
primary objective of this site was, and still is, to exchange first hand tech and experince, so what exactly is your hard won real world tested tech and or experince on this subject ??? by all means paste up a link to an older thread if it's benefical, look to expand on what has been established by others, or offer a view for consideration and discussion, that all adds value

opinions are valued when there is first hand tech and or experince backing them up, but without some form of first hand experince it's just a load of regurgitated second hand hot air.....

and LOL hot air doesn't cut the mustard with this crew ...................

Reactions: reckless525xc
1 - 14 of 14 Posts